Monday, 21 March 2011

Hi there fellow bloggers

Hi there,

First off I would like to welcome new follower, Rita, thanks for stopping by - hope you'll continue to do so too.

Well here we are at Monday again and a dull old day it is too.

Hubby headed off to a funeral this morning  and it went off as well as these things ever do for all concerned. It was the funeral of a fellow model enthusiast and in a strangely small world kind of way, although I never met the gentleman concerned, I know someone else in his family - Sally, from Auntysforum is his daughter in law - so my thoughts were with Sally and Rich this morning.

I headed off to meet a friend for coffee shortly, it's Andrea, a pal from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to my early formative years!!! She lived directly opposite me from when we were both very young so I've pretty much known her all my life - there are three of us (think more mouseketeers than musketeers!) and I shall be endeavouring to organise a get together for dinner for the three of us . . . wish me luck with the diary! You know how busy us retired people are!

Friends came round to dinner last evening, hubby cooked so it was a triumph!!! He did a chilled mushroom starter followed by the salmon en croute with roasties (mm) and veg with an orange and dill sauce and then we cheated with shop bought Eton Mess for dessert which, it has to be said, was super yummy and not as sweet as we thought it might be. It went down well and there was nothing left over - always a good sign don't you think?

Managed a little light crafting since my return - saddo that I am, I was watching Bargain Hunt on BBC1 this lunchtime and along came an item featuring a crane (bird not lifting gear!!!) and I thought to myself - I have a stamp like that and this card formed in my head!!!



Materials used:

White 5" square 250gsm card and envelope
Hanko Designs image and Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment inked in memento Grape Jelly
4 lilac faux gemstones

Hope you like it . . . .

Happy Monday everyone and . . . catch you next time!


12 comments:

Debs M said...

lovely card Kathy x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous balance and movement of the words with the image.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card,Kathy....and amazing what can set off a creative forage,isn't it??

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
I am loving your clean and simple cards...I have an idea for these every now and then but they do take a bit of planning...
Thanks for all the paperwork...we have been trawling through it! Shall look forward to seeing it all in the flesh???
I can't believe I came runner up in DB blog candy...I shall post up my tag and whatever else she sends. Very exciting!

Erica said...

Oh my...lovin' this card. The sentiment so fits the bird.
Your dinner sounded very gourmet. Can you share what an Eton Mess is with us Americans? I have never heard of this. About the only Brit dessert I am familiar with is plum pudding...sad, huh?
And thanks for regularly commenting on my cards. It means a lot to me.

Kathyk said...

For Erica . . . check out eton mess here

http://gouk.about.com/od/foodanddrink/ss/etonmess.htm

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Mmmmmm, Eton Mess.....slurp!

Loving your fab Crane Card Kathy. Very elegant. Lx

Katiejane said...

What great inspiration Kathy and as for the sentiment, isn't that the truth!
So when is Steve going on Master Chef then? I soo need to get Sascha into cooking! His new hobby is bread making but I have to say, I'm not a fan of bread much!
Enjoy your week.
Katie x

Vicky Hayes said...

The crane image is great for a male card. Love the sound of that yummy dinner!

Cherry said...

Dinner sounded yummy Kathy and empty plates always a good thing. Love the card with it's movement and beautiful placements. It's strange what inspires but the creations are always fab when you get a ding moment. Hugs Cherry XxX

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy Well done,
I think we are both Lucky Kathy to have great men who love to cook. Your dinner sounds lovely.
Take care lilian xxx

Faith A said...

FAb idea, I love it