Thursday, 3 March 2011

Hi there - Thursday already!

Hi there,

I've scheduled this post to appear whilst I'm in Gloucester cleaning and painting - yee haa how I love it! - NOT. And yet it has to be done so I'd best get on with it . . .

Yesterday, I set out to do three challenge cards and two card commissions but all I managed were two cards for challenges. Last night, whilst trying not to watch one of the Masterchef contenders chop the top off of his finger I was working on an entry for the ABC of Christmas challenge which this time had us all embossing and adding three embellishments. I have made my card but am thinking my snowflakes may be just a tad too big but ......... it's all about personal preference and overall I'm happy with the card and I hope you will like it too.


Materials used:
  • Cardcraft UK 300gsm white card
  • Red card
  • Striped paper by DCWV
  • 3 iridescent snowflakes (originally tree decorations but I used my button shank remover to take off the hanging loop)
  • Die cut scalloped oval in pearlescent green, run through my die cutter inside a papermania embossing folder and then highlighted with silver ink
  • LOTV image coloured using pro markers and gold glamour dust
  • Quickie glue pen and foil - to highlight the "carpet" and baubles
  • Merry Christmas red satin ribbon
He certainly is a cheery little bear, isn't he? He was a gift from a crafting pal - thanks matey. Have a wonderful Thursday and spare a thought for me cleaning and painting!!!!

5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

I hope you are having fun Kathy.
Love this cute bear and I think your snowflakes are just right.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Chaucer's Aunty said...

I think it looks lovely Kathy! Especially the snowflakes :-) Laura xxx

Samantha said...

Lovely card! I watched master chef too! was great wasn't it! poor bloke he looked quite green with he chopped his finger! anyway! love your card and the snowflakes are lovely!! love to see you next time too! at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Helen said...

Awww...this is so cute!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Dot said...

Lovely card you have made, the LOTV image is so cute and your colouring is great. Thank you for taking part at the challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Hugs Dorte