Sunday, 6 March 2011

Lazy Sunday? I wish!!!

Hi folks,

Morning - hope you are all enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday.

My regular readers will know that, historically, Saturdays are given over to my sketchie card entry over on Craft Mad & Loving It - this week had to be a bit different though as hubby and I have been spending a lot of time in Gloucester, cleaning and painting in readiness for new tenants - oh boy what a mess the cooker was! Interestingly enough, it looked really clean as the previous tenants HAD cleaned the oven but when we pulled the cooker away from the wall - YUCK with a capital Y!!! Dog hairs so thick they came off the floor like fabric (eeeeeuuuuuuwwww) and underneath was £2.55, a tip for the cleaner perhaps?

Anyhoo, by the time we got home, exhausted, we had time for a relaxing cuppa before a shower and then off out to Thornbury where we were meeting friends for dinner at the Mezze. I've been wanting to try this restaurant for ages - they've opened two within easy reach of us and friends have all been raving about it . . . so when Veronica suggested this I jumped at the chance. Veronica and I have been pals since 1981 and met in hospital where we spent about eight weeks in beds next to one another!!, as we both recovered from complicated surgery (well it sure felt complicated to me!). I didn't try their tapas starter as I was saving myself for dessert! I did try their liver and bacon main course which was delicious - hubby tried the baked avocado and crab dish and said it was delicious too. I had the ginger cheesecake and it was really nice though my personal preference would have been for a stronger flavour of ginger and, I'm told, the chocolate brownie was "to die for". It was a very busy place but then it was a Saturday but boy am I glad we'd booked! Would we go again? OH YEAH

So, I've digressed yet again - back to the sketch for this week, set by Karen on the Design Team over at CMLI - who are now back up to their full compliment with Lauren's return last week leaving me free to see the sketch for the first time each Saturday. Karen's cunning little twist this week is "STRIPES"!! fancy joining in? then follow the earlier link to CMLI and see the smashing cards already submitted.


Of course, Sundays over on CMLI are theme days so I need to catch up on my crafting today - we are having a day off from heading to Gloucester to finish up painting and cleaning - letting the paint dry thoroughly!, so who knows? I might get both the sketch and the theme challenges done today . . . .

THEN there's also the themed challenge over on the "Less is More" blog and this weeks theme is "PASTELS" and some super entries have already appeared there too - I'm definitely all behind this weekend! - but determined to catch up and I STILL have my commission cards to make - one of which is an 80th birthday card! Best I get a wiggle on - do feel free to check back on me later and see how I'm getting on!

I started work on a card as a welcome to your new home commission but decided it wasn't quite right but I MUST have had something in the back of my mind for my pal Naomi who recently moved so it won't go to waste as it's much more her style.


Materials used:
  • Cream linen DL card
  • Anitas image stamped in Ranger Archival jet black and accented with Atyou spica glitter pens
  • Sentiment (by unknown manufacturer) also stamped in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Narrow red satin ribbon - from Michaels

I hope you will all have a super Sunday - catch y'all later!



3 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Lots to catch up on then,Kathy.

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOVE this card. I think Naomi will love it too. Gorgeous, GORGEOUS colours. Lx

Susie Sugar said...

Great card Kathy looks just like me new little house !! lol
Hugs Susie xx