Saturday, 26 March 2011

Morning and welcome to sketchie day!

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by,

I made one of those cards that looked like it was going horribly wrong but . . . after leaving it overnight, I've woken up to realise that I like it's odd appearance and I'm going to share it with you - I wasn't planning to when I went to bed last night! Like to hear what you think.


Materials used
  • 5" square white card and envelope
  • 4.75" white panel on to which I HAD planned to stamp my dark room door dotty background stamp nice and evenly using Brilliance lavender ink . . . however, my klingon didn't and as I tipped my acrylic block it fell off and landed (like toast) the wrong side down!!! leaving me with a rather uneven impression - which I've now discovered I quite like!
  • White circle colored using distress ink in chipped sapphire
  • Paper Artsy image inked in Ranger Archival jet black and coloured using pro markers
  • Ribbed navy panel edged with a fiskars scallop punch and also a fiskars ribbon thread punch
  • Cream grosgrain ribbon
I hope you agree with me that the hit and miss background doesn't spoil it . . . like I thought it did!

It's also sketchie day over on Craft Mad & Loving It and this week's sketch has been set by Lauren


And the twist this week? HOME SWEET HOME!!

Also . . . new theme launched on Simply Less Is More and this week it's another sketch but CAS (my new fave, so I'm well happy). It's a lovely sketch and no instruction other than to keep it clean and simple - fancy having a go? They've become very popular with well over 200 entries most weeks so why not pop along and have a go here


I hope that, whatever you have planned you will enjoy your day - certainly looks like great weather (here in Bristol anyway!). If you are off to the N.E.C.  . . . . ENJOY!!!


3 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh how I wish I was off to the NEC...sigh!

So glad you decided to share your card. I think its ACE and I don't think it looks odd at all. Fab colours too.

Looking forward to checking out the very inspiring CAS challenge at Simply Less is More and I can hardly wait to see what the CMLI gang turn up for this week's Sketchie Challenge.

Have a great day Kathy. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the distressed feel you 'accidently' gave the background!
Have a great weekend.

Katiejane said...

The unusual ones usually are the best as that's why they stand out. I think it's very artistic, it's always fun to try new things.
I just subscribed to "Craft Stamper" finally! There's so much in there I want to try!!!