Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Morning - here it is hump day Wednesday . . . again!

Hi there peeps,

Wednesday again and this means that there are only two more sleeps till the weekend!

Hubby was out again last evening but I decided to do something other than crafting so, jumped in my car and headed to see my friend's new house. Naomi only recently moved in and hasn't yet had the chance to settle in properly so no surprise there are still boxes aplenty but it's starting to take shape. She and her daughter Briony and their little dog, Mally, have found a nice house in a fairly unusual but pretty setting and it's very very peaceful there . . . . but an absolute BI*CH to park!!! It's a TINY and narrow road off the beaten track (with nowhere to turn round) between a "nice" school and a lovely church. I sallied forth in blissful ignorance and came back out much more slowly - as well as backwards!!! Why IS it that when you are A) somewhere unfamiliar and B) having to back up several hundred yards down a narrow "lane" that the World and his dog wants to pass you??? Ho hum - made it, and nobody was harmed during the foray! It was great to catch up with Naomi and Briony over a cuppa (and a modest amount of chocolate fudge shortcake!) and I ended up accompanying Naomi on a short dog walking exercise before heading home - one has to assume that I felt it might counterbalance the chocolate fudge shortbread!!!

Helen very kindly sent me some "grumpies" images (by smeared ink) - thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much Helen. I couldn't wait to get cracking and coloured my first ever grumpie using my favourite colours. She had also stamped me some matching phrases on white card so I used a Poppy pro marker to colour the sentiment panel and then Canary pro marker to colour a grumpie border!



Materials used:
  • White ATC blank
  • Marvy le plume pens in numerous shades to draw a striped background and to draw a purple border
  • Grumpie image and sentiment cut out.
  • White linen effect coloured with canary pro marker, to make a coloured border
  • Three black faux gemstones
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
Whaddya reckon then? Aren't grumpies FAB and even better with sparkle!!!

It's Whats On Your Work Desk Wednesday again. My work desk changes so little that there seems little point in posting a piccie but, if you look below you will see one of my stamp drawers!!!!! It's one of my collage-y drawers, so has some Tim Holtz masks in it too!! 


Enjoy your Wednesday peeps.

8 comments:

Debs M said...

love these images x

scrappyjacky said...

Let's hope it did counter balance it!!!!!

Fleur said...

What a fun atc Kathy,
Jenny this is just so cute, love the corner details
Hugz Fleur xXx

Jane said...

I hate parallel parking!..Always feel like everyones watching then!
Nice storage for your stamps!

lisa said...

You have some lovely looking Tim things in that drawer, I can see lots of masks hiding in the bottom.
Hugs Lisa #126

Jodi said...

This is a fun ATC, love the bold colors!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Dawn said...

Great ATC you should join in at Cardmaking Downloads if you have the time!
HUgs
Dawn xx

jackid said...

Hi Kathy love the grumpie lol there is something for you on my blog please come and get it
Jacki xx