Sunday, 20 March 2011

Sunday themed challenge #36 - one week early!

Hi readers,

As readers of yesterday's post will have spotted it is my turn, one week early, to present the sketch and themed challenge over on Craft Mad & Loving It. Lauren's had computer problems and been unable to use it to present a sketch so, since mine was all ready to rock and roll, she asked me if I would mind swapping. No brainer - happy to help out so . . .

This week's themed challenge is pretty broad and inspired by one of those ridiculous things you hear which makes very little sense - here goes.... "If music be the food of love then why don't rabbits play banjo's?"!! See? Told you! Let's see what the CMLI crew make of that one then! If you fancy having a go then hightail it over to Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group and have a go - ENJOY. I guess this covers animals, romance, music and food - how much broader can it be?!?!?!?

I hadn't decided how my own card would look . . .  until I got up! Actually, for some reason I was soooooooooo very tired yesterday that I retreated to my bed around 9pm and reckon I was probably fast asleep by about 9:10!! Unusual for me. Of course, this meant I was wide awake around 02:30 so posted my themed challenge over on CMLI which surely surprised the early risers there. I did go back to sleep, eventually waking again around 08:00 so reckon I had close on 10 hours sleep - guess I really WAS tired then!

This meant that I completely missed the spectacular full moon which promised to be well big, bright and kind of round too! Never mind - it looks like a nice fresh looking morning outside but, at only 5°c it's definitely a bit on the chilly side. I'm pretty sure my hubby will be going flying and I hope he remembers his thick socks and gloves too!!!

Anyway, I'm now up and have had a couple of cups of coffee and my Sunday themed challenge has taken form . . . I went with a rabbit anniversary card . .


Materials used:
  • 5" square white card and envelope
  • 2 pieces of paper from My Minds Eye (freebies with Card Making and Papercraft!)
  • A Die cut white circle coloured with Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet, run through my big shot in a patterned embossing folder and then the embossed sections lightly dabbed with a pink dye ink pad.
  • White satin ribbon and bow
  • Daisy and Dandelion sentiment and image inked with Ranger Archival jet black and the image colored using pro markers and spica glitter pens
  • Double heart punch
Hope you like it . . . . if you have an anniversary coming up then it might be coming your way!

Whatever you have planned then I hope you will all have a Stupendous Sunday! Us? We have friends coming to join us for dinner this evening - it'll be salmon en croute, I've been warned! Yummmmmmmm


3 comments:

Debs M said...

great card, have a great evening x

Brenda Brown said...

Cute card Kathy. The moon was so bright and clear last night. I didn't get to bed till nearly 2 and you were just getting up lol.
Enjoy the rest of Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Dora said...

This is so cute Kathy, love your Daisy and Dandelion stamp mmm and the papers yes, love them xx