Thursday, 10 March 2011

Totally Thursdaylicious!!!

Hi there,

Yesterday saw me leaving my comfort zone and using photos for inspiration for the current One Layer Wednesday challenger on the simplicity blog - well away from my norm I have to say. If I'm honest I'm having a very unsettled time with my work right now and wasn't especially happy with the results though it HAS grown on me overnight. But hey - I'm no quitter and so I thought I would have another go ....... and trawled again, finding this super little image here, from which the card below has grown - though I'm almost fearful that this is a little TOO CAS - CAN you have a card that is too CAS??????? I resisted the urge to put either red ribbon or black/white polka dot ribbon across just below the crease - did I do right?


Materials used:
  • 180mm x 125mm 300gsm white card and envelope
  • Sparklen'sprinkle image stamped in Ranger Archival jet black and highlighted with Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens
  • Crystal stickles and Imagination Glitzies


I couldn't resist putting more on, in the form of narrow red organza ribbon but . . .  couldn't work out which one I liked best! Which one wins on the CAS front - do you think? I've not stuck the ribbon down as I cannot make up my mind. Please DO leave me a comment and tell me which you prefer .... pretty please!

I hope you like this at least as much as yesterday's chef card, which just might be the perfect card for my surrogate son-in-law's birthday later in the year - him being a chef and all (no moustache though)! I just LOVE this set of stamps from S&S - see the whole fantabulous set here, the tall snowman is just great and the side view snowman and Santa are super duper - I used these a lot in the past and am pretty sure I shall use them a lot . . . . MORE!

Over on the Craft Mad & Loving It group Rosie unveiled her challenge (which runs for the next two weeks) . . . . and it is "Sticky gingerbread with white icing" she reckons we need to include the following:

•Something mouthwateringly gingerbread like.
•Some icicles or snowflakes
•Two brads
•a bow and button on the top to finish.

Now, isn't that utterly fiendish? We had a gingerbread theme once before and I really struggled with it so reckon it'll be just as tricky this time too!

Have a wonderful Thursday - I got some really (REALLY) great news last night too. My good friend, Liz, is coming out to Florida to stay with us .... SOON. She and her hubby spent their honeymoon there and had said they weren't bothered about going again but Liz has taken some time out of the rat race and said she would love to come visit with us and we shall love to have her too - already started thinking about where we'll go! It's just a pity that she's not a crafter but maybe I could change all that! It's a shame her hubby can't take the time off work too but . . . if he could then Liz might not be coming to stay with us. I'm getting quite excited already.


20 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I love the card,Kathy...and do prefer it wothout the ribbon.

Caroline Hallett said...

What fun - a friend coming to visit - and thank you so much for your kind words on my blog xx your CAS card is beautiful - really pretty - think it works just as well without the ribbon as well as with x

Katiejane said...

Oh the one without the ribbon, deffinately! I love this minimal look :)
How lovely that you get to sun it with a lovely friend. If anyone can convert a non-crafter into a crafter, ├Żou can Mrs Purple Princess :)
Katie x

Virginia L. said...

Love the image you chose and how it inspired you, Kathy! It really put me in the party mood!

Virginia L. said...

I meant...Christmas party :)

Debs M said...

without the ribbon x

Fleur said...

Kathy this is stunning ~ what a fab image
Hugz Fleur xXx

Cherry said...

I'm with the others HRH PP no ribbon - just love that stamp and the placing of it too. What a lovely thing to look forward to -doing the tourist things again - woo hoo. Hugs Cherry xXx

Dora said...

This is lovely Kathy, you really love the CAS style, and they are so elegant xxx Great news about your friend coming to Florida :)

Bonnie said...

I'm not sure if you can have a card that's too CAS. This isn't! I did the ribbon trick too! Sometimes we just can't leave it alone, lol!

Abi said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for popping over to my blog last week to see my less is more challenge entry, much appreciated. I love this card without the ribbon. It's stunning & I don't think it's too CAS at all! x

Kathyk said...

After living with this card for a day or so I've made a decision . . . . WITHOUT the ribbon! Thanks so much for your help with that

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh how I love these Christmas Crows. They were just MADE for CAS weren't they. I wholeheartedly concur with your decision to leave out the ribbon. These little beauties don't need anything else. Lx

Beryl K said...

It's a terrific card and much better without the ribbon. Many thanks for your comments on my blog
Beryl x

Viv said...

Great card Kathy...........without the ribbon for me too, thanks for comments on mine also :O) Viv xx

Shaz said...

Love your card, but i think i would prefer it without the ribbon. x

Susan said...

Kathy...love both cards...but my personal favorite is the card without the ribbon. I think the image is perfect on its own!

kingstonmama said...

What a cute card. Love those little birds in Santa hats. My favorite is the one without the ribbon.

Susan Raihala said...

No ribbon needed...those little birdies with Santa hats and a touch of glitter...definitely all you need for a FABULOUS card!

ding said...

Super card!! yes without ribbon is the CAS winner!! shame cos I LOVE ribbon!!! :)
Diane x