Friday, 1 April 2011

2nd post of the day, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Evening all,

This is very confusing as it's only 4pm  here in sunny Florida! Yes, it stopped raining and went from the ridiculous to the sublime - yesterday was truly vile weather and today has been GORGEOUS!!, sunny and warm and not a blooming cloud in the sky!!!! Talk about extremes!

Anyway, a foray in to Joann's this morning saw me walking away with a set of clear stamps and a memento ink pad for little more than the pad alone would cost back home - YAY!

No crafting since packing up on Monday has left me feeling craft deprived so I set about the ABC Christmas challenge which is "GIRLY CHRISTMAS" . . . .



Materials used:
  • Recollections C6 white card and envelope
  • Magnolia image inked in memento tuxedo black (kindly donated to me by a fellow crafter) and coloured using copic markers, highlighted with a glue pen and pink glitter (it IS a girly challenge remember)
  • Image panel given corner treatment using part of a Martha Stewart PATP set.
  • White panel the same size as the image panel and the corners only coloured using copics.
  • White/red dotty paper
  • DCWV black glitter card edged with my new EK success punch (acquired only yesterday in Michaels)
  • Faux crystal gemstones . . . to bling it up in true girly fashion!

Hope you like it . . . please forgive me but I don't have as much stash here as I do at home and you should see my current work area!!! WOW - really MUST get must get myself a bit more organised - this was TRICKY! Amended to read - should have read the post more carefully as I COMPLETELY missed the colourscheme for the challenge has to be pink silver and purple - purple? HOW ON EARTH could I have missed that???? Time for a second card methinks!


Happy Friday and have a great weekend.


7 comments:

Debs M said...

fab card, have a great weekend x

Samantha said...

YAY well done Kathy! great to have you joining in!
but don't forget to win any prizes you need to follow the colour challenge too! :0)

Good part is you have loads of time to enter another card for a chance to win!! :0)
hugs Samantha ABC Christmas Challenge

Karen said...

Hi Kathy! You're card is super cute - just love your colouring too!

I was just reading your bio how your DH is radio controlled plain enthusiast. Our son started learning to fly when he was 6 years old. He had his gold wings by 9 years of age and he's now 11! Aeroplanes are a huge part of his life and he says he is going to be a pilot!! Isn't it lovely that they have a fun hobby...........expensive.........but fun! lol

Perhaps we could email each other a few photos of their planes. I have a few on my hard drive that we took just recently. I'll try and get onto that today! lol

Karen
x

Karen said...

Hi Kathy - just me again!

I can't find your email addy anywhere on your blog to email you pics!

Karen
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Kathy have a great week end you lucky girl...

Anne

Lilian said...

Kathy the card is real cute. Keep this up and you will be all set when Christmas comes along and the way this year is going it won't be long. Enjoy the sun. At the moment its raining here but they say its going to get better. Take care lilian

Toulouse31 said...

Congrats on winning 'March' at Less is more! well done, I love your cards x