Monday, 4 April 2011

Happy Monday

Hi everyone,

A short post from me today as I am (or should be) tidying up and doing chores in readiness for my pal, Liz, to join us for ten days - she arrives this very afternoon!! Yee Haa, she has never been to our place in Florida and I'm excited to show here where we "live"! Honest, I HAVE done the ironing, dusting, cleaned the bathroom so I've not been sat at the lappy ALL morning!

Hubby has been tidying the garden in her honour - mind you, this shot makes it look like I have my own gnome!!



Aren't we so lucky to have a view like this from our window?

After a yummy dinner at the local Ale House we all adjourned back to ours for another beer and more chat which all made for a very pleasant evening. Sally had bought some cards in Michaels but they didn't suit her purpose so she passed them on to me - thanks Sally!

So I made a card with one . . .



Materials used:
  • Cream card and envelope
  • Lilac metallic linen card by DCWV
  • My new Martha Stewart PATP
  • Magnolia image kindly donated by a fellow crafter - thank you very much
  • Copics to colour and Crystal stickles to highlight
  • Faux crystal gems to embellish
My pal is not really a crafter so I may not get to do so much crafting or craft shopping whilst she is here but I hope to share some photos with you anyway so do please keep an eye on my blog. I apologise too if I'm a regular visitor to your blog as I may be a bit lax over the next couple of weeks whilst I'm on vacation - nothing personal, truly!

I hope you are all as lucky with your weather as we seem to be today. ENJOY


9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Have a great few days with your friend,Kathy....and definately a great view.

SallyB said...

Hello there Kathy...
Pleased to hear you arrived in Florida...and I love the piccie of Steve in the plants.
If it rains when we are there you had best lock your craft things away...I may have some urges!
Will check back for some more news and photos.

Tracy said...

Lovely card Kathy the image is very sweet.
Have a lovely time with your friend
Tracy x
p.s that is definately a great view!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous view; gorgeous card. You lucky people. Lx

Dora said...

Gorgeous view Kathy, aaaah but you wouldn't want to be crafting with that weather and fantastic pool. have fun xx

Faith A said...

What a lovely card, it isn't often I see Tilda so lightly embellished, I really like it, shows her up so nicely.

Great pool and your gnome looks quite happy in the corner :)

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Kathy :)

Hope you are having a great time! :) Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog.

I love your card, and I see you have the MS pap I have coveted for ages! ;)

hugs

xxalisonxx

mustavcoffee said...

Hi Kathy, You lucky lady, your pool looks so inviting in the sunshine, your gnome does gardening too?LOL Have a wonderful time!
p.s pretty purple Tilda card, cute:0) xxx

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Hi Kathy . . . hope you're having a FAB time in Florida. Your pool looks very inviting.

CONGRATS on your March win over at Less is More.

Also wanted to say HUGE thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me such nice comments.

Hugs, Sandra