Monday, 11 April 2011

Happy Monday

Welcome to Monday,

I hope you all had a great weekend - I hear the weather was fab in the U.K. and have to say it was pretty darn good here in Florida too - possibly even a little too warm!!! We spent a pretty lazy day heading off to Michaels around 4pm as I had a voucher for an additional discount which was only valid between 4pm and 8pm!!!! AND I got to use my 40% discount voucher too - you gotta love this place!

Anyway, my pal Liz (here for ten days) as you know is no crafter or should I say WAS no crafter - my work here is done - take a butchers at this then!!



After shopping yesterday we adjourned to the wondrous Red Lobster for some splendid sea food which it has to be said we enjoyed hugely. Even more importantly, we loved the cheddar bay biscuits - to the point of having a second portion!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. One the journey home we took Liz down Happy Trails - a local dirt track road but has some really impressive houses . . . . and a few wild turkeys who stopped to pose, briefly


This morning I have been making wedding cards as Liz has a friend getting married at the end of the month. We bought her choice of stamp yesterday in Michaels and I made a second one - to give her a choice . . .



Materials used:
  • White C6 card and envelope
  • Pinkish graduated paper (a special offer from Addicted to Rubber Stamps on a previous visit)
  • Silver DCWV metallics edged using a Martha Stewart edging punch
  • Old Word stack from DCWV
  • Stampendous image inked in memento tuxedo black and coloured sparingly with copic markers and the veil highlighted with Viva Decor glitter pen and then three corners rounded with the 4th being punched with my MS punch
  • Fiskars sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black
  • Shallow corner punch
  • Faux crystal gemstone

And then my second option:



Materials used:
  • C6 white card and envelope
  • Red paper from Addicted to Rubber Stamps (as before)
  • White doily
  • DCWV metallics in pewter and edged with Martha Stewart punch
  • FF image (donated by a fellow crafter, thank you) coloured using copics and highlighted with the Viva Decor glitter pen

Hope you have enjoyed visiting my blog today - do please leave me a comment to let me know you called! Have a lovely day peeps.


5 comments:

SallyB said...

Hello there....
Ohh....It is nice when you convert someone to Crafting...unless they want to use all your stash...my sister is the one for that!
Well done...sounds like she is having a lovely time with you!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Another lamb to the slaughter....ahem, cough, convert.... LOL

Lovely cards Kathy. Lx

Erica said...

Those cute little bears are so adorable and the doily is perfect for them.

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards particularly loved the wedding one...lovely that you managed to convert your friend into a crafter...

Anne

Chaucer's Aunty said...

Ooh I love the card with the bride and groom Kathy! Well done. Laura x