Friday, 15 April 2011

Hello and welcome to Friday

Hi there,

Well, my pal's flight made good time and landed back at  not so sunny Gatwick a few minutes earlier than expected. It's a good job her hubby was early else Liz would have been sat on her suitcase, waiting! She seems to have enjoyed the place, the food and the weather and we hope the company too! I hope she's returned home relaxed and refreshed and ready to proceed with her plans for her new career too.


Bye Liz!!!
Back to crafting and sunning and shopping and eating for me then! After all the fab meals we've eaten lately dinner for us last evening turned out to be chips (of the tortilla variety) and dips and a beer! Guess the gauge was still registering FULL!!!

Yesterday I made two cards for my own Christmas recipe challenge but I hated the first one (with vengeance) and I think it will probably end up being "recycled". I also made an ATC using the fab wedding stamp Liz bought for me to make her friend's card from and which she kindly donated to me when she left - I find myself wondering if that was because there was simply no more room in the case!!!! The BAH Humbug challenge is also stockings so I shall enter this one there too.



Materials used:
  • White C6 card and envelope
  • Snowflake and "denim" paper (from the bunch ordered as a special from Addicted to Rubber Stamps)
  • Recollections sentiment, tree and stocking inked in memento tuxedo black and coloured using copics and Sakura stardust pens
  • Crystal stickles to highlight the snowflakes



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • DCWV card from the Old World stack, edged using copic marker
  • Stampendous image inked in memento tuxedo black and coloured using copics and Viva Decor glitter pens
  • Inkadinkado sentiment also inked in memento tuxedo black
  • Faux crystal gemstone to finish

I hope you like my creations - I'm still not sure about the Christmas card but  you should have seen the reject!!! Even my pal Liz felt moved to say she didn't care for it - hubby was even more blunt! It sucked big time!

Anyhoo, all the time Liz was here she wanted to see one of our tree frogs and an armadillo but saw neither, so imagine our surprise last evening to look at the window above the front door to see this little fella!!!



And now for the Friday Funny, once again taken from the e-mail Pat sent me last week and along the same lines as last Friday's 101 uses for a shopping cart!!! ENJOY ..... and have a fabulous FRIDAY and a great weekend peeps



1 comment:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great projects Kathy and top Friday Funny. LOL. Do you know where I can get one of those? How hand is that? Lx