Saturday, 30 April 2011

Hello and welcome to the weekend

Hi there and welcome to the weekend.

Did you all watch the Royal Wedding? I hadn't planned too but we turned on BBC America in time for the balcony scene and THE KISSES and then it all started again so we left it on with the intention of seeing THE FROCK, without realising how many hours of TV would be involved before the opportunity arose but, heck, I actually found myself enjoying it!!, so am glad I did.

We had also planned to head across to the space coast to watch the launch of the last but one ever space shuttle but guess what? It got cancelled with just minutes to go so . . . how glad are we that we didn't make the trek and wrestle our way in to a busy parking space and stand in the baking heat for hours just to realise it didn't launch! Next opportunity is Monday so we MAY decide to have another go - after all it IS the last but one ever shuttle launch.

How's your Saturday going? It really does feel odd being five hours behind here but all that will change on Thursday when we land back at Gatwick at stupid O'Clock and reality kicks in!

Over on the Simply Less Is More blog there is a new challenge, set today, which is number 13 -  "THANK YOU or CONGRATULATIONS" and there are already a dozen or more lovely entries, why not pop over and check them out here. In the meantime, here's my own Congratulations card ......



Materials used:
  • White C6 card and envelope
  • Stampendous image inked in Memento lilac posies on to a white panel of Bristol board with corners rounded
  • Panel of pewter DCWV metallics card, again, with rounded corners
  • Panel of white card, corners rounded and coloured using Memento sweet plum
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Memento lilac posies directly on to card blank
  • Line of faux pearls (from Recollections) to underline sentiment
And over on Craft Mad & Loving It there is a new sketch today too ..... set by the lovely Karen, welcome back. Her theme is "WHAT'S COOKING"?


I'm off for a rummage through my stash, to see what I can come up with for the above challenge so do pop back later to see what I came up with....... have a lovely Saturday, I hope the weather is nice where you are.


39 comments:

Paula said...

pretty card

Vineyardstamper said...

A lovely card Kathy. We too watched the Royal wedding here in Oz & loved it.
Fiona X

Loli said...

Hello Kathy, thank you for youir beautiful comment.
Lovely CAS card, i love your stamp and fab ink colour.Good job
a hug from Palma de Mallorca

Susie Sugar said...

Fab Kathy I love the colours and the stamp
Have a great weekend
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Lynne said...

Fabulous card, love that image.
I had no intentions of watching the wedding but ended up watching it all. Spent a lot of the time laughing at some of those hats though.
Lynne xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Kathy - CAS is certainly suiting you. Good job you didn't make the journey, you would have been disappointed and fed up.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Kellylouj said...

Just love the stamp used it is wonderful x

Ang C said...

A pretty card!

Ruth said...

Beautiful card, I love the colour, Ruth :)

Sandra said...

Fab card - love the colours. Sandra

Mandi said...

Super card Kathy, ideal CAS
The wedding was fabulous, I enjoyed every moment
Id feel a bit scared to watch a take off!
Continued thanks
mandi
Diva LIM
Less is More

Rita said...

Beautiful card and Beautiful stamp. Hugs Rita xxx

mustavcoffee said...

Hi Kathy, love your card, perfect CAS and very pretty. I loved watching the wedding. So glad you didn't miss the take off, lucky eh? :0) xxx

Chrissie said...

I saw a few launches from Canaveral in the 70's when we lived in the States.. great memories!
Super card Kathy... I hope all goes well for your trip home!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is more"

GoonerGirl said...

Beautiful card I love the colours..Chris xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Your framed image looks great! Enjoy your last few days out there before coming home!

Diane said...

Lovely card xx

Linby said...

Pretty card and I like the colours.
Linbyx

Aileen said...

Love the pink Kathy and your flower stamp.

I only saw bits of the wedding but sounds like a lot of people were watching in the states. However i have it recorded so can skim through to the relevant parts - the dress and balcony kiss!

Have a good trip home. x

Rosemary said...

another lovely card, kathy!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lovely card Kathy pretty colours and great layout.

Marie

ThinkInk Creative said...

I did see bits of the wedding and the balcony scene. We switched off for an hour between the vows and the parade to Buckingham Palace to watch a bit of Dr Who though. The frock is great - I bet you that if Kate was a stamper, she'd be a LIMette.

Love your card. So CAS and elegant.

cheers,
Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

Hazel said...

Your card is lovely, love the gentle colours. Hazel x

Sally H said...

just beautiful! I love that stamp, and use it a lot, but tend to go for blues when I do. It looks fab in pink!

Susan said...

I see you're doing a great job keeping up, Kathy...even if you are on vacation! Love that stamp...and you've created a great card!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the image is beautiful and the vibrant pink colour is stunning :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Kathy what a beautiful card and your are still on vacation too.

Anne

Hunters Moon said...

Hi Kathy, gorgeous card I adore the stamp and the colour choices you have made.

Sam

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

I love the simplicity of this card Kathy. That stamp is fab isn't it?
Hugs, Sandra

Jo said...

Beautiful card Kathy, lovely colour choice. Jo x

Faith A said...

A really pretty card

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love the stamp you used.

Posh Tags & Tickets said...

Stunning card so simple and so elegant
Thank you for the inspiration
Love Posh x

Wishcraft said...

Such a lovely card Kathy. Fab stamp... only problem with LiM challenges, I always want the stamps everyone uses! Great colours too :o) Lisa x

Bonnie said...

Such pretty flowers!

Babs said...

Fab card kathy and a real lovely image...

Babs x

JeNjOy said...

Beautiful card, lovely stamp.
jenjoy x

Shaz said...

A very pretty card. x

My name is Wynneth said...

Quite lovely young kathy ! I'm trying to catch up with a few comments on the entries now that I too am back home from my travels. First, I need to make my own entry before the deadline for this week's challenge ;o) I have been missing making my entries while I've been away from my stash.
hugs
wynneth
x