Wednesday, 6 April 2011

2nd post of the day, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Here's my second post of the day, purely because it's a challenge entry and I do sometimes wonder whether they kind of get lost otherwise . . . anyway, over on the Simplicity blog it's One Layer Wednesday and this week's challenge is to make a sympathy card . . . without using either flowers or trees!! Tougher than you might imagine.



Materials used:
  • C6 white card and envelope
  • Inkadinkado image in ranger archival black
  • Hero Arts sentiment in memento London Fog
I hope you like it and continue to enjoy your Wednesday - sorry to have to tell you that we're about to dunk in the pool . . . .


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple and effective and you are right - not as easy as it looks. Thanks for sharing your card.
Lura

Dora said...

This is gorgeous Kathy, so elegant and perfect for the occasion xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is spot on Kathy. I love the lamp post because it suggests a ray of light in the darkness. Lx

Debgem said...

I really like the image you've used here, I think it's simply beautiful. I also like Lauren's interpretation of it. Perfect!

ThinkInk Creative said...

Nice one Kathy. That image is just absolutely divine and using a different colour for the sentiment is very effective.

Not using trees and flowers was particularly hard for me as most of my stamps have flowers on them or look very happy...I need to diversify more.

cheers,
Malyn

mustavcoffee said...

Hi Kathy, this is perfect, love the image and the sentiment spot on. Hope you're enjoying some sunshine today:0) xxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful creation, thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/03/april-kit-preview-day.html

Rosemary said...

lovely sympathy card, kathy!!

Susan said...

Kathy...I do love that stamp you chose...and it makes a card just perfect for this very difficult challenge!

Shirley-anne said...

Hi again Kathy
Beautiful image .

Carol said...

Pretty card...love that lamppost!