Saturday, 2 April 2011

Hi there and welcome to another sunny morning here in Florida

Morning all (well it is for me though it'll be 13:30 with you in the U.K. by the time this gets posted!),

I entered the ABC of Christmas challenge yesterday with what I felt was a reasonable card . . . UNFORTUNATELY I failed the observation test!!, which clearly stated that I was to use purples, pinks and silvers - not much of either in my card!! SO, there was nothing for it but to delete that entry and make another so now, instead of one more Christmas card for my collection, I have TWO! Hurrah! So here is the mark II version:



Materials used:
  • White C6 card and envelope
  • White card panel cut slightly smaller than the base card, and treated with the corner punch from a Martha Stewart PATP set before colouring using Memento Lulu Lavender
  • 3.25" x 5" white panel with Christmas image (donated by a fellow crafter so thank you) coloured using copics and edged using the same Martha Stewart PATP set
  • Silver ribbon
  • Five faux crystal gemstones
I hope you like it - I BELIEVE that this fits the criteria of the challenge and I'm going to have another go!

In the meantime . . . as my regular readers also know, Saturdays are sketchie days over on Craft Mad & Loving It and today is no different. This weeks treasure of a sketch has been set by Rosie and features the added twist of "Drip drop drip little April showers"!! If you fancy having a go then pop over to craftbubble here and have a go.



Other than that,  have a fab Saturday. I sure intend to as hubby has promised me a trip to Lakeland, to visit the fab Violettes craft store AND we are out to dinner with our fab neighbours this evening!


7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gasp! Violettes! Without Me! Say it isn't so Purple Princess...oh say it isn't so.... Lx

Samantha said...

Hi ya.... Me again..... Yay!!! You made another card!!! Yippeeeee it's perfect! Love the colour combo.... te heheheee :0)
So glad you could play again.... Good luck, hugs Samantha... ABC Christmas Challenge :0)

Jo said...

Wow Kathy, this is a stunning card, and it's always good to get ahead with your Christmas cards. Jo x

Lilian said...

Another lovely card Kathy Well done. I love the colours. Take care lilian

Carissa said...

Very pretty. The lacey edges are a perfect touch for your girly card. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge. Carissa :)

Jayne Hayward said...

Lovely image used and colours. The corner punch used is lovely.

Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge

Jayne xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Kathy - the punched edges and corners look great!
Thanks so much for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x