Saturday, 16 April 2011

Hi there and welcome to another sunny morning here in Florida

Hi everyone,

Happy Saturday, I DO hope that you have some nice weather back in the U.K. - sorry to report it's vile here - all  hot and sunny!

This week's challenge over on Simply Less Is More happens to be acetate and the design team have some lovely examples to inspire and there's already a fair sprinkling of lovely cards entered. I hope to manage to visit more blogs this week to comment, since my pal returned home on Thursday - again, my apologies to those I didn't visit it was nothing personal merely time constraints. Now, being on vacation I am trying to sun myself in amongst shopping, crafting, sightseeing and blogging so time is at a bit of a premium! I also have only limited stash which, sadly, does not include acetate, stazon, embossing powder or a heat gun so it doesn't look like I shall be able to have a go but . . . . if I can find some acetate packaging I DO have an inkling of an idea ........ so all may not yet be lost! Of course, we're not eating at home much so the chances of acetate packaging are not that high so perhaps you shouldn't hold  your breath!

Anyway, on to some crafting that I HAVE managed to do rather than dwelling on stuff I may NOT be able to do!

Materials used:
  • White ATC blank, coloured  using Brilliance blue ink
  • Geisha image (The Greeting Farm) inked three times in Memento tuxedo black, coloured with copics/pro markers and decoupaged
  • Viva Decor glitter pen to highlight and Crystal stickles added to the centre of the flower

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • DCWV Rockstar stack card
  • Magnolia image (kindly donated so thank you) and coloured with pro markers/copics and highlighted with Viva Decor glitter pen
  • Two  Paper flowers with gemstone centres (petaloo?)


Materials used:
  • ATC blank covered with piece from the DCWV Old World stack
  • White gel pen used to drawn freehand a border round the edge
  • Sentiment and image by Sparkle 'n Sprinkle inked in memento tuxedo black and coloured using Sakura stardust glitter pens
  • Three faux crystal gemstones


Materials used:
  • ATC blank covered with paper from Addicted to Rubber Stamps (bargain bag) and corners rounded
  • Stampendous Changito image and TPC Studio sentiment inked using memento tuxedo black
  • Copics and Viva Decor glitter pen
  • Three faux crystal gemstones

Hope  you like that little lot!

And Saturday's over on Craft Mad & Loving It are NORMALLY sketchie days, however, this week was a little different as the Design Team decided to pull a bit of a flanker and not post a sketch. The deal was that the first person to post a card was the designer of the sketch - this way allowed people who don't have the option of providing a sketch to participate. First past the post today was Debs with the picture below, and now we are all off to raid our stash for a card using hers . . .  do check back some time soon to see what I came up with!

Debs card - providing us with our sketch!
Happy Saturday everyone - ENJOY

5 comments:

Lilian said...

More Lovely cards Kathy well done, Love the first one. The colour is lovely. Take care lilian xx

clare said...

fab ATC's kathy, i particularly like the oriental lady. x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hi Kathy. All fabulous OF COURSE...but I'm particularly taken with "I craft, therefore I am". What a great sentiment and I just love THAT MONKEY...What a cutie.... You poor thing. So sorry to hear the weather's all vile where you are. Same here...I'm bearing up...just about.... Bert says Woo!

Debs M said...

great atc's Kathy, love the 'i craft..'sentiment x

Cherry said...

Fab Saturday creations Kathy, like the others loving Descartes "I craft therefore I am" one - who would have thought the man was a crafter?! Sounds like you are cooking up an idea for the acetate challenge too. Have a great Sunday - I enjoyed the sun today as I was feeling very deprived. Hugs Cherry XXx