Sunday, 17 April 2011

Hi there and welcome to Sunday morning here in Florida

Hi everyone,

I know you are all five hours ahead of me so it's almost lunch time with you and I've no idea why I'm up at stupid O'clock posting on here but hey . . .  it's not like I HAVE to get up!, so I may just go back to bed once I'm done!

Last night we took dinner with Sally and Roger, our U.S. neighbours, and the venue this time was Applebees where I availed myself of the Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp - mmmmm! We were joined for dinner by Sally's daughter and we all enjoyed our meals and chat. Once Bonnie left us it was back home and in to next door for further chat until we were nodding!

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday. I thought I would nip over to craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group to see what today's challenge is but there is no chance at all of accessing CB this morning - couldn't get in yesterday afternoon either - wonder what that's all about! Luckily, we have a plan B so I checked out the blog and found the theme there instead . . . it's BAGS & BOXES. Plan B involves posting your project on your own blog and then posting your link on the CMLI blog. As it's Sunday, I imagine that whatever the issue with CB is - it probably won't get sorted until at least tomorrow!

In the meantime, on to the challenge sketch from yesterday .....


Materials used:
  • White C6 card and envelope
  • Black card panel and DCWV Old World panel, both with rounded corners
  • Blue DCWV metallics panel given the Martha Stewart PATP treatment
  • Donated image (thank you to the donor) coloured using copics
  • Inkadinkado "dream" and the DAY from a Happy Birthday stamp from the dollar bin at Michaels inked in memento tuxedo black on to white card and cut out
  • Six faux crystal gemstones to make the triangular "panel" as per Deb's sketch card from yesterday . . . .
Hope you like it!

Yesterday, I mentioned that I had a Martha Stewart button punch and this set me thinking that perhaps I should use it!


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card panel
  • Glittery polka dot ribbon (2/$5 at Michaels!)
  • Donated Magnolia image (thanks to the donor, Wynneth) coloured using copics and Atyou spica glitter pens
  • Martha Stewart button punch used on white card coloured using Brilliance gold ink and threaded with narrow red satin ribbon (50c at Michaels)
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black and cut out

Hope you like the ATC too. Have a great Sunday - whatever your plans

3 comments:

mustavcoffee said...

Good morning, I'm so glad you had a lovely time the food sounds great! Lovely cards today, I especially like the little ted and the way you've made the sentiment into a flag. Have fun;0) xxx

clare said...

that is a great looking button punch kathy. i hate being locked out of CB!! hope it gets sorted soon! x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Kathy thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. So nice to meet you and hear a little about your life. Lovely cards both are so different and adorable.

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Marie