Monday, 18 April 2011

Hi there, Monday morning and all's well!

Without wishing to bang on about the weather . . . it's blooming lovely again here today!! Well, what a surprise - since it IS Florida!! Yesterday was gorgeous too AND lower humidity made for a very pleasant day so we headed off to the Loop where we visited Michaels (twice, more of that in a mo), and a good few other stores including Bed Bath & Beyond and Pier 1 (don'cha love the smell in there?). I had Michaels vouchers from the Sunday paper which entitled me to 50% off one full priced item purchased BEFORE 4pm and one which entitled me to 20% off  my entire shop AFTER 4pm - hence two visits!!! Cool huh?



Of course, we stopped for dinner on our way home but, after the recent extravagances whilst Liz was staying we were still feeling the pinch (around the waistline!) so hit Arby's for a roast beef sandwich and fries - which I couldn't finish. It was so lovely a day that we sat out on the pool deck once we got home and found we were still there after 9pm. We only came in once I'd finished yet another book!

This morning I got up and full of craftiness, set about using some of yesterdays purchases . . .



Materials used:
  • Cream C6 card and envelope
  • Black, dark green, light green panels edged using a Martha Stewart punch
  • Recollections sentiment and image inked in memento tuxedo black and the image coloured using copic markers, Martha Stewart glue pen (not a patch on the Quickie), glitter and also crystal stickles
  • White ribbon (from Michaels) coloured using a copic marker
  • Four faux crystal gemstones

Hope you are enjoying your Monday and that the weather is good enough back in the U.K. for you not to be cursing my good fortune here!

6 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

And very good use you put your new acquisitions to too young kathy :O) That's a cute fairy stamp and I love the punched layers on the bottom - I have that punch and I use it often. Well done on going round twice with your 50% vouchers !!!
hugs
wynneth
x

SallyB said...

Hey Kathy...
Make sure you save me some of those vouchers...they sound great. As does that beef sandwich and fries!
Lovely weather here at the mo but the girls are all about the holiday! Sounds like you are having a good time...xxx

Cherry said...

Mega good shopping and crafting Kathy. Love those stamps and punch - looking great on your card - really like the greens there too. Sounds like a lovely day was had yesterday - hope today is going just as good at 5 15 us time ( I think!) . Hugs Cherry XXX

Dezinaworld said...

Loving the fairy stamp!!! Lovely little card!

Hugs June x

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, so good to hear you are having a great time and lovely weather... love your purchase, I got the snowmen one as well, and also from Michaels he he Hugs xxx

Katiejane said...

That is a damn good excuse, great purchases!
Katie