Monday, 25 April 2011

Hi there, Monday morning and all's well!

Well almost all's well anyway, but more of that in a moment.

First off, I'd like to welcome new follower, Lisa Mason, hope you'll stop by from time to time and maybe leave me a comment - I do love to read comments!

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter Sunday, whatever you ended up doing. We went to the home of our neighbours, Sally and Roger, to join them for their family Easter. Unfortunately, Roger's brother was unable to join us as he's currently in hospital. We've known Sally and Roger for 17 years now and have met Roger's brother on many, many occasions so, naturally, we wish him well and today I set about making him a get well card. Back to the Easter Sunday celebrations. We had thought it was a BBQ but it turned out to be a sit down dinner with baked ham, creamed potatoes, peas, sweetcorn - the whole nine yards - FABULOUS. Everyone seemed to have contributed something but they must have known about my cooking as we were only asked to provide the beer! There was a house full of us and three dogs, how no-one fell in the pool is a mystery to me but no-one did, though Brianna did venture in but, as she was in a swimsuit it really doesn't count! The rest of us were content to sit round the edge with our feet in the pool to cool us down! We had a great time and, although I suspect Sally doesn't check my blog but . . . . . THANK YOU Sally and Roger for your hospitality and I hope Cliff is soon feeling much better.


Of course there was, as there always seems to be, too much food so we came away with a magnificent amount of baked ham and some super yummy desserts too - that'll be at least a round of sandwiches and a hot meal, with dessert then!

Anyway, we've woken today without a hangover (thank heavens) and with no real plans for the day which has dawned hot and sunny - no more that you might expect here in the sunshine state! Hubby's reading the paper and I thought I would set to making a get well card for Cliff.


Materials used:
  • White C6 card and envelope
  • Silk Flower by Petaloo
  • Martha Stewart punch used to create the Black "button" and threaded with spotty white ribbon
  • Clearly Wordsworth sentiment inked in Memento London Fog

I hope you like it, please feel free to leave me a comment. It's an "Off Centre" creation and I aim to make it my second submission over on Simply Less Is More where there are already well over 100 entries since the challenge was posted on Saturday morning. Not checked it out yet? Then do pop along using this link here and have a look.

Have a wonderful Monday and enjoy the sunshine - how lovely to have a warm and sunny Bank Holiday in the U.K. - so not what we're really used to, eh?!?!?


25 comments:

Debs M said...

lovely card x

scrappyjacky said...

Sound like a lovely day,Kathy....and the card is just perfect.

Dori said...

Super 'get well' card Kathy, lovely splash of colour xx

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Lovely card!

Ali

Jingle said...

Very cute card!

Cherry said...

Sounds like a fine ole knees up Kathy. Card is simply stunning - just love that flower. It is a lovely day here too. Hugs Cherry xxxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter Sunday dinner Kathy, we had ours last thursday as our hostess (Sarah) flew out to Houston for a week's work yesterday so the celebration was brought forward a few days ! Loving your LIM get well card, the red flower is so striking against the white background. May attempt an entry myself this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lovely card and the flower is so dynamic perfect.

Marie

Chrissie said...

Sounds like you had a ball with your neighbours.
This card is just super Kathy, I really love it... simple yet great.
Thanks again!
Chrissie
Lady LIM

Sarah said...

Hi Kathy, both lovely cards - my preference is for this one. Its only because I am a bit of a flower addict though, I have more flowers than a florist (is what hubby says)! Thank you for your comments on my blog, and don't worry you left a comment on both my posts so it was probably me confusing you! Sarah

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Glad you're enjoying yourself Kathy. I love the CAS cards you make and this is no exception. Fab
Hope your friend takes a big turn for the better
xxx

Sally said...

Hi Kathy, thanx for leaving a lovely comment on my LIM card. This card is simple but eleagant & I do like the flower you've used.
Sally x

Susan said...

Sounds like you all had a great time with friends on Easter! Love the big flower on your card!

Mandi said...

Hi Kath
I like this one! Really striking
Sounds like a fun day
Thanks so much
mandi
Diva LIM
Less is More

Jose said...

Great card, love the splash of red
Jose

Linby said...

Lovely CAS card.
Linbyx

Suze Bain said...

Super Kathy, that bright sunny flower is sure to cheer anyone up. x

Kathleen said...

Love this card with the red flower really standing out.

Kath x

Aileen said...

Super vibrant flower. Looks like you had great fun at your neighbours. x

kay said...

super card,x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fab card Kathy - love that beautiful flower! Sounds like you had a great party!

Lynne said...

Super card.
Lynne xxx

Sally H said...

It's beautiful, Kathy! Love that flower!

Katiejane said...

Sounds YUMMY! How lovely to spend the time together.Get better soon Cliff!
Had to laugh at the beer comment!
Katie x

Faith A said...

Love the oomph this card gives me, love it.