Thursday, 21 April 2011

Hi there readers

How's your day going? It started fairly suddenly for us with us both waking at precisely the same moment . . . and why was that you might ask? Well, after just a few seconds we realised why we had woken . . . we heard the gas burner of a balloon and it sounded like it was right overhead and guess what? IT WAS!


Wow, this was practically close enough for us to talk to the occupants! Reminds me of my 50th birthday when we took a balloon ride to celebrate (whilst we were here) and we, too, flew practically over our house before landing about four miles away at a place called Wallaby Ranch - it was a FABULOUS experience.

Anyhoo, back to yesterday . . . we were meeting our neighbours for a late lunch/early dinner and our plan was to head to The Loop to a restaurant named Abuelo's . . . . where we had a lovely meal. The place was really quite nice and the staff all efficient and friendly, we'll go again at some time and it has an added bonus . . . . it's only a couple of minutes walk from MICHAELS!!! and, no, I DIDN'T go in there whilst we were there - thought I'd made rather too many visits there lately!

The interior of Abuelo's
Also managed more crafting before we went out, in between forays on to the pool deck (I kept having to come in to cool down!!).


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks in Wild Honey and Barn Door
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment and image inked in memento tuxedo black
  • Copics, white gel pen and Atyou Spica clear glitter pen to colour
  • Glossy Accents used on the image to create a dimensional illusion of glass


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks in Barn Door and Fired Brick
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image inked in memento tuxedo black
  • Copics used to colour image
  • Glossy Accents used to create the dimensional illusion of glass
  • Faux gemstones
  • Corner rounder

I hope you have enjoyed my post today, I hope you will leave me a comment and stop by again soon - have a great Thursday


7 comments:

Sandra said...

Thank you for taking time out of your holiday to comment on my blog! Sounds as if you're having a lovely time. Love the Martini glasses! Sandra

Debs M said...

fab atc's, all these lovely places to eat, i would be spoiled for choice x

mustavcoffee said...

Hello Kathy, your card made me laugh what a brilliant sentiment, Love it:0) xxx

Erika said...

Kathy great ATC's I love the martini one especially...that's me after 3, shaken not stirred! Especially if handed by Daniel Craig!!

scrappyjacky said...

You seem to have sent some of your weather here,Kathy....I've never known it so hot in April....could do with a swimming pool myself.

TAM said...

Great ATCs. Sounds like you're having a brilliant time - would love to go up in a hot air balloon again - did it some years ago when the children were tiny it was a present from hubby and he and the children followed the balloon on land while I floated among the clouds - bliss

Katiejane said...

Sounds glorious, what a way to celebrate a special Birthday too. I love that seccond ATC, fab!
Katie