Sunday, 3 April 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday

Morning readers,

Hope you all enjoyed a fab Saturday. We were scheduled to dine with our fab neighbours (and table lenders!) but their grandson had a competition so we've rescheduled for tonight! Which leads nicely on to what we did instead! We headed off to Lakeland (about a 30 minute drive from home) where the wondrous Violettes is situated. Now, crafters who have visited with me in Florida (you KNOW who you are Lauren, Karen and Wynneth) have already sampled the delights of Violettes and Diana (the owner) greeted me like a long lost friend - I really SHOULD be on commission you know. I shopped for an hour whilst Steve did some errands and chatted with Diana - no, she's not going to be at the scrapbooking expo next week but hey - she MIGHT go as a customer! Anyhoo, I snagged some stock that only arrived the day before and which you may see on a post near here sometime soon and also a fab Changito image for my sketchie which needed to fit in with "Drip, drip, drip, little April showers" See further down this post for that one - he is sooooo cute.

Anyway, yesterday I also did the Simply Less Is More but (kinda) cheated and submitted an ATC rather than a card. I totally get that the challenge really features cards but just wanted to used those images and really wasn't sure the scale would fit with a card - but, having slept on it - I think they would. Sorry Chrissie and Mandi. SO, I thought I would have another go and here it is....



Materials used:
  • C6 white card and envelope
  • Black card panel
  • White card panel
  • Martha Stewart corner punch from a PATP set
  • Fiskars corner rounder
  • Hero Arts typewriter inked in black archival ink and sentiment inked in red catseye chalk ink
Hope you like it . . . and now for my sketchie featuring drip drip drip little April showers . . .



Materials used:
  • C6 white card and envelope
  • DCWV metallics blue card
  • Denim blue paper
  • Strip of white card inked with distress ink - faded jeans
  • Blue organza ribbon
  • Small white doily also inked with faded jeans and weathered wood
  • 3 silver self adhesive dots (from the dollar bin at Joann's)
  • Stampendous Changito image inked in archival black ink and coloured using copics
  • Glossy accents applied to the slicker and sou'wester and also the puddle
  • Crystal stickles applied to the "rain"
And for the Sunday themed challenge which, this week, was BUTTONS AND BOWS . . .


Materials used:
  • C6 white card and envelope
  • Die cut (which I've had for ages and I THINK came from Walmart)
  • Three pink buttons, threaded with narrow turquoise ribbon which will have come from Michaels
  • Studiog sentiment and numerals inked using brilliance light and dark blue
  • Quickie glue pen and crystal glamour dust
  •  
Hope you have enjoyed your little trawl round my crafting this Sunday morning and will have a great Sunday!

29 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning your purple craftiness. Wow! Three fabulous cards there. I must admit I do have a favourite (I know its wrong...but I can't help myself today...). Your CAS typewriter card is absolutely brilliant. Love, love, LOVE it!

Have a great day and say hi to the delightful Sally and Roger when you see them this evening. Lx

Pooh Bear said...

Super creations!

Ali x

kelly said...

love that cute little typewriter, what a great little stamp you could put any sentiment in there! Fab!!

Kelly x

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Three great cards. I'm loving the typewriter one the best though!

Mandi said...

Oh Kathy I have to laugh at you crafting holiday!
You are an addict!
FAB card, Like the last one too with the buttons
Thanks for your entry
mandi
"Less is More"

Paula said...

really like that type writer stamp.

Craftyrose said...

Gorgeous creations, your Royal purple princess highness, but my fave this week is the one for my challenge...biased me? Never!!! xxx

Debs M said...

wow how can i pick, they are all fabby!

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy
Looks like you are doing your favourites, shopping and crafting - they combine well don't they?
Great makes and I particularly like the typewriter - but I would wouldn't I hehe.
Enjoy your get together tonight.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

clare said...

you've been busy loads of crafting and some fab shopping too! x

Valerie said...

Love all three cards but especially the typewriter! Enjoy your crafty holiday
Val x

Angelnorth said...

Love the typewriter card, looks great with the text in red!

Chrissie said...

Hi Kathy,
Super cards, but I love the typewriter!
Enjoy your week
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Super card. Love the typewriter and sneaking in the red via the letter! x

Suze Bain said...

Super cards Kathy, I love the typewriter stamp. x

Jo said...

These cards are great Kathy. Jo x

Fleur said...

Fab crearions Kathy. love the sweet little girl.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Faith A said...

Great cards, love the red on the tyewriter, made me smile

Mary said...

The typewriter with just a 'touch of red' is clever! LOVE IT!

Susan said...

If I'm double posting, sorry...but I think I lost my comment...I love your cards...especially the typewriter card!

massofhair said...

Hi Kathy, thank you so much for commenting every week on my LIM entries, your hard work is much appreciated.

Three great cards but my fave is the typewriter. Stunning card:-)

Sue said...

Beautifull cards my favorite is the typwriter its so sweet Luv Sue x

Tracy said...

fabulous cards Kathy I especially love the typewriter one. Tracy x

Vicky Hayes said...

Yes, it's the typewriter that does it for me too! I love that the sentiment is in red and appears on the 'paper'. Just gorgeous!

And who knew you were a closet biker!!!

Maureen said...

A great idea with the typewriter!!

pickle said...

beautiful card love the typewriter..cute idea!

mustavcoffee said...

OOh Kathy you've been so busy, holiday and lots of cards, gorgeous array here, Thank you for all your visits to my place, I appreciate every one:0) xxx

Sally H said...

your less is more card is brilliant! So clever!

mustavcoffee said...

Great cards Kathy, you're on a roll;0) xxx