Wednesday, 27 April 2011

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesdsay . . . . and other stuff!!!

Hi there peeps,

Lovely here again/still - but then it's no more than one might expect when on vacation in Florida - after all, it IS known as the sunshine state!!!!

A little light crafting is good for the soul . . . .  and five weeks without crafting very BAD so I craft whilst I'm away - some of you may wonder how but if you look back at recent posts you will quickly realise that I have stash here and I buy whilst I'm here too!!! My lovely neighbours loan us (or rather, me!) their table whilst we are here too - which makes it more sociable. I used to craft in a spare bedroom but had to use the dresser so this was less than ideal - now I can craft, chat and watch TV all at the same time. HOW PERFECT IS THIS? However, my time here is nearly up and it is almost time to pack my supplies up and take them next door along with the table of craftiness - till next time!

Anyway, that was a kind of roundabout way of saying my husband asked me if I wanted to "nip in to Michael's" (hmm, did I or didn't I?) so my 40% discount voucher and I headed off in to Michael's whilst hubby headed to Best Buy . . . needless to say, I'm SURE I had more fun than he did and I came out with this lovely agapanthus wood mounted stamp from Stampendous - and I said I wouldn't buy any more wood mounted stamps because of the space they take up but hey ........ so, I simply couldn't wait to get it inky so, whilst hubby replaced the tap in the guest bathroom I set to work on the card below ........ (again with the more fun than him!!!).


Materials used:
  • White C6 card and envelope
  • Stampendous image inked in Memento rosebud and panel then rounded and edged with rosebud also
  • Highlighted with crystal stickles
  • Black panel very slightly larger than image panel and corners rounded
  • Bristol board panel slightly larger again, corners rounded and then outer 1/2" coloured using Memento rosebud to co-ordinate with image
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento london fog
I hope you like my card - now I COULD enter this over on the Simply Less Is More blog where the current challenge is "OFF CENTRE" but I've already entered two creations and it sounds a bit greedy!!

It's also WOYWDW (What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday) and I've taken a photo as this will be my last WOYWDW whilst in Florida - next week it will all be packed away and . . . . to that end, we visited IKEA yesterday and what you see on my work desk is lots of little storage boxes. I bought 17 (yes, seventeen) storage boxes for $3.99 + tax (that's less than three GBP!!!!) and spent much of last evening "moving in" ready to move it all out with less trauma than usual! Previously all that "stuff" was in bags, packets, carrier bags etc and made life really complicated. Anyway, without further ado ...... you can see what I'm talking about.


Of course, the really little ones may end up being used in the kitchen rather than for crafting purposes but hey . . . . for less than 3gbp it's not like I care if I throw them away!!!

Happy Wednesday peeps, however you spend it, I hope you enjoy it! I intend to as we shall be dining out with neighbours this evening, I think it's the turn of Smokey Bones!!

6 comments:

acreativeneed said...

This is SO pretty Kathy!

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

GREAT card and fab looking Florida desk!

Hugs, Sandra

Brenda Brown said...

Fab card - lovely stamp and great buys today. You are doing well.
Enjoy your meal out - mine's a curry locally with a friend so I will cheers. (I know, I know there's a time difference but it will come to you slowly).
Have fun and enjoy your week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Michelle said...

Beautiful card kathy, I love the colours, that bright pink is gorgeous! Glad to hear you are having a lovely time in Florida :0) xx

Cherry said...

I lurve that pink ink! Looks super wonderful with the stickles too. Sounds like a great day Kathy - enjoy your meal. Love the storage and the desk. Hugs Cherry XXX

Maureen said...

Love all your LIM entries Kathy but especially like the agapanthus card, you couldn't not buy that stamp!!