Tuesday, 26 April 2011

WOT? Tuesday? Again!!!!

Hi there,

Hi to my first male follower, Tony Dillon - hope you and Heather are well.

Can scarcely believe where the time goes - what happened to the last month? It seems impossible that this time next week we will be packing up to go home to the U.K.!!! I KNOW I've been here a while as my tan has already started to peel!!! Still, I could do it all again in the next week!

Anyway, yesterday was a slobbing about by the pool kind of day with forays back indoors to cool down and craft in Air Conditioned splendour. We had just decided to go out so I dashed next door to return Sally's dishes (she sent us home with leftovers - mmmmmm) and down came the rain! It rained real hard for a short while so I stayed put and chatted to Sally. Once it stopped I legged it back home, secure in the knowledge that the chair cushions (left on the chairs outside) would be soaked OR Steve would be, having dashed outside to get them in!!! Anyway, we waited for it to brighten up a little and then  headed out - domestic chores like going to Lowe's (like B&Q) for a new tap fitting and Michael's for more stash (Like I NEED more stash - but the 40% voucher was burning a hole in my pocket!!!). It rained quite a bit whilst we were out but we managed to avoid getting wet - how lucky was that? We decided to return to Applebees for our dinner and I had the slow roasted beef sandwich which was super yummy - it's been a very long time since we've had a bad meal here in Florida too though we've yet to find a decent Indian restaurant! Wonder why that is.

Nothing much on the TV, despite having 300 channels, so Steve ended up watching baseball in the bedroom whilst I "treated" myself to "Enchanted" in the lounge and crafted away whilst Amy Adams and "Dr McDreamy" did their thing! Actually, I quite enjoyed it - ooops! So, here are the results of my labours and to those of you who recognise the flower . . . I had two and liked my challenge entry so thought I would use the other one too!


Materials used:
  • White C6 card and envelope
  • Flower by Petaloo with Tsukineko Shimmer spritzed over
  • Gemstone brad through the centre of the flower
  • Red polka dot satin ribbon
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento london fog
This one may have been inspired by my choice of movie!!!


Materials used:
  • ATC blank edged at one end using Brilliance gold
  • Black and green floral panels edged with Martha Stewart zig zag punch
  • White gel pen to draw the border
  • Recollections image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to Bristol board and cut out
  • Copics to colour image
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Brilliance copper and then Perfect Pearls brushed over, to make it really stand out
  • Crystal stickles to highlight


Materials used:
  • Cream C6 card and envelope
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento london fog
  • Clearly Wordsworth frame inked in Memento angel pink
  • Clearly Wordsworth flower in vase inked in Memento Rosebud and coloured using Marvy le Plume II markers with a glitter "raindrop" added to the centre
And, finally, my challenge card for the Craft Mad & Loving It themed challenge which, this week, is chocolate sentiments . . .  I didn't have anything ideally suited to this challenge so went with a chocolate cupcake - I'm hoping Clare will forgive me!


Materials used:
  • Cream C6 card and envelope
  • 5" x 3.5" panel of DCWV metallics card in pewter and edged using a Martha Stewart PATP set
  • Unknown Cupcake image inked three times in Memento tuxedo black on to DCWV polka dot, rock star and embossed polka dot card and cut out and pieced together to form a super yummy chocolate cupcake!
  • Crystal stickles to highlight the "chocolate icing"
  • Martha Stewart glue pen and yellow glitter to highlight the yellow flower
  • Unknown sentiment (came as a pair with the cupcake) inked in Memento cocoa and rosebud and cut out.
  • Lime ribbed ribbon cut in to a "V" and attached behind the sentiment

Hope you like them. Have a wondrous Tuesday peeps and,  if you had to go back to work today then I hope your day is going well.

9 comments:

craftattack said...

Great cards! And you have a male follower? I think we all have to be jealous about that! ;)

clare said...

who wouldn't forgive for a chocolate cupcake!! it is fab love that chocolately glitter. thanks for joining me kathy. your holidays are flying by so enjoy your last week. x

Vicky Hayes said...

More super cards! The get well card is my favourite - I love the simplicity of it.

Babs said...

You have been busy Kath your cards are fab,how lucky are you having Micheals on your doorstep...

Babs x

scrappyjacky said...

Enjoy your last week,Kathy...the weather forecast suggests our tropical weather will have gone by the time you get back....but we've certainly enjoyed it!!!!
Love the flower card....simple, but elegant.

Louise said...

Some lovely 'classic' cards today. I especially like the first one with the black and red flower.
Shame you only have a week left in the states, but I'm guessing you will be going back for another holiday in a few months time. will you fit all your new stash into your suitcase I wonder? :)
We had lovely weather here over the weekend but back to cold now and so not much chance of a sun tan back here :(

Katiejane said...

You sure do keep yourself busy Mrs, check out all that creativity! Enjoy your last week, hope you manage to top up your tan :)
Katie

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy
I'm with you - where does the time go and Easter just disappeared. Is it really a month you have been in Florida - can't believe it.
How do you manage to get so much crafting done as well. I got nothing made over the weekend and have nearly finished my third project since, they all seem to take me days to get them done. Anyway lovely makes.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Oh Kathy, haven't you been busy . . . you've made some lovely cards here. I particularly like the flower one at the top of the post.
Enjoy your remaining week.

Hugs, Sandra