Saturday, 14 May 2011

2nd post - challenge entry!

I suspect that blogger is still not quite it's usual self . . . . I scheduled a post for this morning at 10:00 and ..... nothing (nada, zip, zilch!) so I posted it manually. I can see it if I view the blog but on my dashboard list of recent posts . . . . again with the nothing, nada, zip, zilch! What IS going on there?

Anyway, I've done some crafting this morning and two challenge entries, the first one is for the peeps at Humbug Hall where their current challenge is snowflakes! - check it out here



Materials used:
  • White 300gsm C6 card and envelope
  • DCWV winter stack snowflake paper
  • Two digi images by Amber Ink and coloured using Marvy le Plume Ultra Soft alcohol markers (a recent QVC TSV!)
  • Papermania sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black and cut round
  • Crystal stickles to highlight the star and snowflakes
And my second challenge was for the sketchie over on Craft Mad & Loving It (you can see Lauren's fab sketch in my earlier post) - her twist was "WATCH THE BIRDIE" and I just loved the three cards from the Design Team but I immediately thought - CAMERA, well, weren't you always told to watch the birdie before a photo when you were little????



Materials used:
  • White 300gsm C6 card and envelope
  • Panel of white card, run through my big shot in a cuttlebug embossing folder and distressed using D.I. Tea Dye
  • Anita's image inked in memento tuxedo black on to a white scalloped oval, distressed using Tea Dye
  • Black card die cut using a Marianne die
  • DCWV panel also run through my big shot inside an embossing folder and then distressed using a Tim Holtz distressing tool
  • Sentiment printed on the computer and then die cut before mounting on a black die cut circle
  • Black and brown card candy attached using clear dimensional pads

There - two challenges in one post - cool huh? Off to have a look at the Simply Less Is More embossing challenge next - watch this space!

Have a fab day - blowing a bit here but lovely and sunny. Hubby's up a ladder changing a bulb in our outside light, of course, I probably OUGHT to be out there holding the ladder!!!


10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wowser! Two absolute beauties there Kathy. I'm very impressed with your early morning lateral thinking and I just love that eye popping BLUE and fab image on your Christmas card. Superb!

Lx

jackid said...

Kathy they are both lovely cards I love the dp's on the first one and the image is wonderful on the second thankyou for your card it arrived this morning and is beautiful I posted yours today so you should get it Monday all being well but the post service has been terrible lately Phil sent some stuff out last week and six were sent to the addresses empty the envelpoes had been torn open and posted like it not good anyway have a great weekend
Jacki xx

Max said...

Oh boy ... you are quick off the mark again Kathy. Fantastic colouring with your new pens and dare I say, congratulations on no longer being a 'digi-virgin' lol! Am loving that DCWV snowflake paper ... *drool* ... Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! but maybe you should go check that hubby hasn't come adrift from his ladder.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

clare said...

well done on using a digi!! i love that snowflake background fab. x

Debs M said...

you have been busy, both fabby cards x

Loli said...

Hello princes Kathyk, i'm happy to see you in my blog again, thank you for yours comments every week.
FANTASTIC WORK!!Kathy, the first is so beautiful, i love the stamps of your cards.

Brenda Brown said...

Love the images and a great watch the birdie make.
Happy Sunday
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Ann said...

Both great cards Kathy - nice to see Mr Blogger behaving again. I was really cross last week as I spent ages commenting and they were all lost.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug!

butlersabroad said...

Great cards Kathy, really love the Christmas one, fab colours.

Hugs
Brenda

Katiejane said...

Those snowflakes make me all Festive, love the cute image. I guess I should start preparing some Xmas cards too!
Great old camera image, that'd look great on a layout!
Katie