Friday, 20 May 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

My oh my what a fantabulous birthday I'm having. My dear hubby bought me a Kindle and a fabulous purple cover for it, along with a reading light too - so I'm all set, just need to upload some books now! That's my next project. I also had some fab presents this morning, a book mark and magnet from a stitching pal, some lovely ginger smellies from Naomi and a lovely makeup brush set from Sue as well as GRUMPIES from Lauren (amongst other things) and it was lovely to talk to my friends Lauren and Liz this morning too. The postman had to have three goes at getting my cards through the letter box this morning! And the Royal Mail parcel man had to ring the bell as there were two parcels for me - how lucky am I? Thank you again to everyone who sent me a card and/or gift - they have all been much appreciated. I did struggle to find somewhere to display them all but here they are ....








And here's is my fabulous new kindle in it's gorgeous purple case!!




Right - I'm offski to investigate how the heck to upload books to my newly charged kindle and get reading - catch y'all tomorrow - have a great Friday and a great weekend too

12 comments:

clare said...

lots of fab cards and loving that purple kindle. hope you are having a great day. x

Monica said...

Belated happy birthday, dear Kathy. So glad that you were spoiled... I was jealous to see how many lovely cards you received. Just kidding, ya! Lol!

Wow that Kindle looks ravishing with it's purple cover... just right for the Purlpe Princess!!!

Happy weekending,
Monica

My name is Wynneth said...

Ooooo..... what a fabulous Purple contraption !!! wonderful colour dahlink :O) You really will love your new gadget, it's a most amazing invention. Enjoy your meal tonight and the rest of your birthday celebrations.
hugs
wynneth
x

scrappyjacky said...

Happy Birthday,Kathy.....what an amazing array of cards....and how cool is that purple kindle case!

Jane said...

A very Happy Birthday Kathy...what a load of cards!!xx

joanne wardle said...

happy kindling! I love mine

Louise said...

Happy Birthday Kathy- Hope you are having a great day. What a huge number of cards you have received!!! Lucky you getting a Kindle- hope you have lots of fun reading all those books. x

GoonerGirl said...

Happy Birthday Kathy what Fab cards you have received.. Chris xx

mamaluke said...

Happy Birthday! what a wonderful array of cards, thank you for visiting my blog x

Dora said...

O wow Happy Birthday Kathy, you are so spoiled he he .. all those fabulous cards and fabby present :) Big hugs xxx

Karen said...

Your cards look really lovely Kathy, glad you had a good day.
xx

Katiejane said...

My goodness me, you lucky thing! Check out all those cards! I'm so pleased you got the Kindle and hey, fab case! Very PURPLE(you)!
What a great day.
Katie x