Friday, 6 May 2011

Friday Funny

Hi peeps,

Still feeling jet lagged, despite getting nearly nine hours sleep last night. I'm an eight hours a night person and have only notched up 12 over two nights so feeling a bit sleep deprived. May have one of those "power naps" this afternoon in the hope that I shall get a good night tonight and that will be me sorted!

Knowing how important my sleep is to me I find myself absolutely mortified to have rung my pal and neighbour, Debbie, only to discover that she had been at "the count" last night in Cardiff all night and only returned home to bed at 09:00 - I rang at 11:30!! SORRY DEBBIE

Got a text overnight from Phil and Lucy to say they found our place ok and settled in just fine, which is great to hear. I'm sure they'll be enjoying the weather and the pool imminently - as it's not quite 07:00 there yet!

I have managed to pack up the birthday present I needed to get off to my pal - I hope she will forgive the fact that the gift packaging is not up to my normal standard - just couldn't get my head round the concept but didn't have the time to faff with it as it needed to go off today as the birthday in question is Monday! I hope it will arrive safely and that she will enjoy the contents anyway. Also managed to write and post the three birthday cards for Monday and Tuesday so they've gone off as well.

Now it's on to the more mundane stuff like reconciling bank and credit card statements so I know just how MUCH I spent in Florida - I feel a big fat OOOOPS coming on! Once I've finished with that little lot it will be down to the table of craftiness and try to shoe horn my purchases in to already overstuffed drawers - maybe my long suffering hubby does have a bit of a point when he says I have too much stuff - but you won't catch me admitting it within his earshot!!!


Right, it's Friday and that means two things -1) The weekend starts here and 2) it's time for a Friday Funny

The photos below are for my pal, Lauren and her broody hens - pin up boys!!!!


STUD ROOSTER



A farmer went out one day and bought a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says 'OK old fart, time for you to retire.'



The old rooster replies 'Come on, surely you cannot handle ALL of these chickens. Look what it has done to me! Can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?'


The young rooster says 'Beat it: You are washed up and I am taking over.'


The old rooster says 'I tell you what, young stud, I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop.'


The young rooster laughs. 'You know you don't stand a chance, old man. So, just to be fair, I will give you a head start.'



The old rooster takes off running. About 5 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him. They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap.


He is only about 5 feet behind the old rooster and gaining fast. The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch When he sees the roosters running by the Old Rooster is squawking and running as hard as he can.



The Farmer grabs his shotgun .........And - BOOM - he blows the young rooster to bits.


The farmer sadly shakes his head and says




'Dangit ..... Third gay rooster I bought this month.'



Moral of this Story?

Don't mess with THE OLDER GENERATION. Age, skill, wisdom, and a little treachery always overcome youth and arrogance!


Have a fabulous weekend - whatever you have planned - I hear that it's going to be a nice one!



4 comments:

Sara Bee said...

Hi Kathy, you'll know me as Tigerfeet (Sarah) on Scrap Addicts. I love your blog, it's a real inspiration and I will look forward to being one of your followers. Unfortunately having probs posting on Scrap Addicts at the mo, for some reason it won't let me leave messages or pictures and don't know how to sort it out.

Sarah xx

Dora said...

ha ha Kathy that was funny, love the morale of it all! Thank you for poppin by today and letting me know about the mag. I just received May's issue last week so I still have to wait for some time to get it. He he am so excited to see how it turned out and see what goodies I won!! Hugs xx

scrappyjacky said...

A great little tale there,Kathy.

Brenda Brown said...

HI Kathy, glad you are home safe and sound and catching up on the time difference.
Love the rooster story, made me chuckle.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox