So, here's the scrap layout that originally appeared in Thursday's post -with apologies for the delay - bad blogger.com!
I also tried to do a recycled Christmas card for the good peeps over at Bah HUmbug but ..... ever have one of those days when the card you make bears no resemblance to the card you started? Well, here's the card which started out as a recycling themed Christmas card ........
- 5" square white card and matching envelope
- Square of brown DCWV linen effect card, distressed using a Tim Holtz distressing tool
- DREAM ticket coloured using D.I. Tea Dye
- Page of a very OLD book (recycling at its finest) with Tea Dye added and dabbed through sequin waste too
- Strong - nicked from the garden shed (responsible recycling or what?)!
- Recycled Budweiser bottle cap
- Screw head brad
- Tim Holtz image inked in memento cocoa and treated to the Tea Dye distress ink round the edge!
- Mod Podge to make sure the book page adhered over th efairly lumpy string!!
- Dimensional pads to ensure the bottle cap adhered
Makes a great masculine card though, doesn't it? Yep, kind of got away from me - but it sure was fun making it!
And now for the Friday Funny which, once again, comes from Pat - thanks again Pat - ENJOY (I hope)!
BEST EVER SENIOR CITIZEN JOKE
A little silver-haired lady calls her neighbor and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started."
Her neighbor asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"
The little silver haired lady says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster."
Her neighbor decides to go over and help with the puzzle. She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.
He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says,
"First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."
He takes her hand and says, "Secondly, I want you to relax, let's have a nice cup of tea, and then," he said with a deep sigh ............
"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."
If you didn't enjoy that one then you might enjoy this youtube video of Clarke, the talking dog - it's only 60 seconds - instead!, see it here
Have a fantabulous Friday and a memorable weekend, whatever you have planned