Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Happy Tuesday

After yesterday's frantic cleanathon with  hubby doing the patio furniture and me doing indoor cleaning it was in to the pool with us both - to cool off. After a nice long dunk, it was a quick shower to get rid of the chlorine and then out to the post office to mail our letters and then on to Target for some shampoo - can you believe that (2 days before we leave for home) my wonderful shampoo has run out!! After the huge expenditure of $2 for a new and large pot of the same (Suave humectant) which I find works well for my fine flyaway hair in all this humidity - much better than my jolly expensive Kerastase shampoo, in fact!!!! Not entirely sure why I'm telling you this - you may feel it's just too much information - but, should you find yourself in Florida without shampoo then you never know . . . .  it just MIGHT come in handy!!!

Anyway, we also passed the Alpaca wool farm but the guys were, quite sensibly, taking a siesta so no photo opportunity there so we moved onwards to the Kissimmee Warbird Museum where we found these lively coloured planes . .


Of course, many (MANY) trees in Florida seem covered in hanging moss and I thought I would show you how fab it looks - but (on reflection) these may not have been the best examples - sorry!


As we drove along the 192 towards home we saw this and simply had to photograph it! Would you like to drive THIS as a company car?


Now, we've never eaten at the restaurant it advertises (Boston Lobster Feast) but, if anyone else has, then we would sure appreciate a review!

I also made the card below, to enter in the "I" challenge over at the ABC Christmas challenge - Indigo, Ice and Inspiration! I don't know how happy I am with it but I have to pack my stash away today so I don't really have time to make another - sorry




Materials used:
Cream C6 card and envelope
White ribbed panel with corners rounded and coloured using Indigo ink
Inkadinkado Snowflakes inked in Recollections blue ink and highlighted using Crystal stickles
White linen square edged with a Martha Stewart PATP set and coloured using blue ink and blue perfect pearls
Inkadinkado image inked in memento tuxedo black and highlighted using copic blue and crystal stickles
Inkadinkado sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black and tinted using Distress Ink in faded jeans

Have a fabulous Tuesday, here's hoping the weather remains good with you all, back in the U.K. - could you keep some of that nice weather for Thursday - for our wearisome journey home! PLEASE!!

8 comments:

jackid said...

Hi Kathy fab card enjoy your last couple of days out there and we will do our best to keep the sun smiling here although it is a tad windy and no don't think I would fancy driving a big lobster around all day lol
Jacki xx

Brenda Brown said...

I certainly wouldn't like the car, not a fishy person me.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL. Wonder if I could get one with a Clumber Spaniel on top. What do you reckon Kathy? Lx

Samantha said...

Awwww be happy with your card its sooo cute! Its a lovely card, Thanks for playing along with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Brenda Dean said...

This is a fab card! I have to tell you that I'm confused though. Do you live in the UK or Florida?

Thanks for playing the ABC Christmas Challenge!

Dot said...

Sweet image you have used, and the sentiment made me smile.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. I Hope you will join us again.
Hugs Dorte

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the image is very cute and the paper and design are lovely :-)
Fabulous photo's too and thanks for the shampoo tip lol :-)


thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Helen said...

Awww...such a sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x