Monday, 16 May 2011

Hello and welcome to Monday! part two

Hi there,

I had some really nice comments about my shoe card however, a valid point has been raised . . . . and that is that the consensus thought that just maybe a stronger sentiment might work better so . . . . I overlaid this little panel, having inked the sentiment in black. I still felt it needed oomph (so you can see how I've come round to your way of thinking people!) so I used my quickie glue pen and drew a border and then liberally sprinkled the same glitter to make a co-ordinating border - what do you think better with black/glitter ..... or with the original london fog?



Thanks for looking - your comments are always appreciated.


14 comments:

butlersabroad said...

Hi Kathy - Great reading about all your adventures in Florida, sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love all your entries to LIM this week, stencils are one thing I've never had a go at but I love how your's turned out. The Christmas greeting is fab and I love the sparkly shoe too, although I actually prefer the one without the glitter border would you believe!!

Thanks for popping in already.
Hugs
Brenda

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Kathy and thanks for your visit, I see you have been busy as usual. Love your shoe card and have to say prefer your second attempt just makes it pop the purple glitter around the sentiment.

Fancy having the same paper what a small world.

Marie

Debs M said...

they are both fab...but the sentiment does pop a bit more on this one x

Lynne said...

Love this one Kathy. I liked the first but this one really pops.
Lynne xxx

Lynn said...

Hi Kathy, Love the shoe, and yes I think the sentiment is better in black. I think the glitter border balances the card. Well done! Lynn x

Aileen said...

Super cards Kathy. Love this one as others have said the sentiment pops. x

lin_ka1 said...

I like it so it is. This color is perfect for this card.

Lisa A. said...

What a pretty shoe image, love the sentiment and the sparkle!! Very nice:)!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous card kathy, I do actually prefer the one without the glitter border, but I think the black sentiment 'pops' better and balances the shoe. Fabulous shade of glitter though dahlink ;OD
hugs
wynneth
x

Dori said...

lovely card, I like the extra glitter on this one, xx

Linny said...

Love this one. Linda x

Lauren Hatwell said...

OoooooOOOOOOooooohhhhhhhh. GORGEOUS! And SO true too.... Lx

Pink Sunshine said...

OMG! Sparkly shoes, what more does a girl need?
Great card.
Sally. x

Katiejane said...

What a great idea to bling up your card and it looks so effective. Great colour too.
Katie