Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Here we are, Tuesday again ....

Hi there,

Welcome to new follower, Tricia, hope you'll find yourself visiting again soon. Thank you for your comment on my Christmas card and envelope - I DOOOOOO love those inkadinkado stamps though I have started to collect them (rather too avidly if you listen to my hubby!) in the clear format as they take up so much less room.

IN FACT, I couldn't wait to use that image again . . . . Bah Humbug's current challenge is: KINETIC CARDS, cards with movement . . . so I thought shaker card. A couple of years ago I fell for the QVC TSV which came with some double aperture cards - perfect for shaker cards. My Santa image was about a perfect fit for the aperture too! Unfortunately, blooming blogger will NOT allow me to upload to the Bah Humbug site - what IS that all about? I just keep going round and round the log in page - it's blooming annoying I can tell you . . . and what's worse is that I have NO IDEA how to fix it! Hope I can get it uploaded before the challenge expires!



Materials used:
  • Green C6 mirri card and envelope
  • Acetate
  • Foam double sided tape
  • Gold star and "Merry Christmas" confetti
  • Inkadinkado Santa inked in memento tuxedo black on to white card, colored with pro markers and die cut in to a zig zag circle.
  • Penny Black sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black directly on to the base card
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Here's hoping you like it, you can see how many others have entered and their cards at http://bah-humbug-christmas.blogspot.com/

Got up early this morning (well, early for us) and so I found myself at the mall at Cribbs for 10:00 - did my shopping and was home again by 10:30!!! I needed to get a birthday gift for a friend. Problem is that this friend is about to move . . . . from a three bedroom house to a two bedroom bungalow so she's mindful of needing to downsize! Hmmmmm, the lady has two vacations booked this summer so I went with a sort of summer essentials kit and bought a summer shade of pink shopper/handbag and then piled in toiletries and cosmetics - not forgetting sun cream too! This way, aside from the bag, there won't be too much left at the end of the summer! Perfect? I HOPE so!

Hope you are all having a fab Tuesday . .  lovely and sunny and (thank heavens) the winds appear to have dropped here today!


6 comments:

Emma said...

Lovely card and I too, had some trouble with Blogger today...so, you're definitely not alone with your frustrations!!
Hope it gets resolved soon...*fingers crossed*
Emma x

Ann said...

Yep I too had problems but it wasn't just blogger it was the whole internet. Think your gift sounds just perfect and as usual a stunning card.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

clare said...

That is a fab shaker card kathy. i've just been catching up with my comments and blogger has behaved this evening. scheduled a post for friday so we will see?? thanks so much for joining us @ bah! humbug! xx

themessycraftroom said...

Great card, yes blogger got me all annoyed too as I kept going around and aroung like you. Hugs x ChrisB

Max said...

Shaker cards are always a huge hit with the "littlies" aren't they Kathy? Glad you eventually managed to sneak in past Mr. Blogger ... and not once but twice this week! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Sandra said...

Love the shaker card! Sandra