Saturday, 28 May 2011

Morning and welcome to sketchie day!

Morning all,

Welcome to another Bank Holiday weekend, now THIS is supposed to  be more like traditional British Bank Holidays - cold, wet, windy or all of the above!!! Hope you have nice weather where you are!

Saturdays are craft challenge days and there are two I try to do each Saturday . . . .

There's the Simply Less Is More blog which has a CAS (clean and simple) challenge each week - lots of white space required for these. This week's challenge is: 5 Squares! - pick a square for your design but leave the rest as pure white space! YIKES this is a tough one ....... and yet there were six entries before 09:30!!!

My new issue of Craft Stamper arrived this morning, with it's FAB free chandelier stamp . . . which led me on to a sympathy card (although it's versatile enough to use for many many other occasions). I enjoyed this idea and strongly suspect there may be up to four more this week - one for each corner perhaps!!!

Materials used:
  • White 5"  square card and envelope
  • Craft stamper freebie inked in memento tuxedo black on to 300gsm watercolour board and then edged in black ink
  • Grey Quickutz, linen texture, grey self adhesive card
  • Black panel
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black directly on to the base card
  • One single faux crystal to finish

Hope you like it, here's the sketch ....


The other is the sketchie challenge over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It group which, this week features a sketch by Karen, who has added the twist of CHRISTMAS!! In typical Craftbubble fashion - it's the weekend (and a LONG weekend at that) so it's playing up and everyone's having trouble uploading photos so Karen's posted her challenge here too so that, if you want to have a go you can post your entry on your blog and link it on the CMLI blog - GOOD LUCK


Have a fantabulous Bank Holiday weekend . . . however you end up spending it! Since it's a typical Bank Holiday here I think I may well be ........ CRAFTING!


59 comments:

joanne wardle said...

love your card, that chandelier looks so stylish as a centrepiece. ooo and I'm thinking that chandelier stamp might be something else I can hang from the corner of a card. looking forward to getting CS, is it a good one? I'm so impressed that you used the freebie so quickly

joanne wardle said...

ps in reply. I'm happy for you to steal the idea :) would actually be quite cool to see how different or similar they turn out.

Valerie said...

Stunning card Kathy, I'm sitting at the front door waiting for the postman:))
Val x

Cheryl said...

oh love your CAS card,its just stunning love love that chandelier hugs cheryl xxxx

Rita said...

Beautiful card Kathy. I just got mine about an hour ago. Hugs Rita xx

Craftilicious said...

Great card - can't wait to get that stamp but mine's not due til next week (I get mine from my local craft shop)

Vicky Hayes said...

Nope. It's winter here too! The chandelier looks fab in the centre of your card Kathy. Vx

Mandi said...

Super card Kathy
~i think it could also have been stamped up a shade [Ada lol] and the sentiment on the same matted square. I prefer things with hangy bits to come to the top of the page
But its your card of course!!! nothing wrong with it
Thanks so much as always Kathy
Diva LIM mandi
less is More

Lauren Hatwell said...

Stunning card Kathy. That gorgeous chandelier stamp is a MUST HAVE and I love what you've done with it. Lauren x

Diane said...

Love it.....so simple...so elegant!!

scrappyjacky said...

The chandelier makes a perfect centrepiece.

Suzi B said...

Lovely card Kathy. Mt CS also arrived this morningbut no ideas for the stamp...yet!
Sue xx

Diane said...

Thanks for the nice comment...how long are we in detention...I might have to have another go at it...not fond of my own card myself...I love reading Mandi and Chrissies comments...they always make me "smile"!!

Linda said...

That's an elegant card, Kathy. I love the image.

Rosemary said...

what a lovely sympathy card!!

Debgem said...

The chandelier is perfect for a sympathy card - very elegant - lovely!

Helene said...

Lovely card.

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done.
Maureen......x

GoonerGirl said...

Beautiful card.. Chris xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is stunning, thanks for popping by my blog xx Love Hazelxox

Jan said...

This is gorgeous.xx Jan

Netty said...

Oh wow you were so quick in using the freebie, am so impressed. Fab card, Annette x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card kathy :-) the image is fab !! I love the chandelier !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kathleen said...

This is a really nice card.

Kath x

Carol said...

Perfect card Kathy and the image is very apt for the occasion. Carol x

Hazel said...

It's beautiful. Hazel x

Katina said...

Just lovely! xx

JeNjOy said...

Beautiful card, love the image.
jenjoy x

Beryl K said...

Just perfect, simple and to the point
Beryl x

Suze Bain said...

Super card Kathy - can't wait to get my hands on that fab stamp! xx

Jenny said...

Lovely card Kathy, that's a great stamp...looks like the chandelier from Chrissie's blog!
Jenny :)

StampingStace said...

Love that stamp - this is gorgeous!
Stacex

ThinkInk Creative said...

I do like it and can't believe that stamp is a freebie! I did consider doing a card with a chandelier but was too inspired by Chrissie's card so maybe the chandelier will be attempt #2...maybe.

Great card.
,
cheers,
Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

Molecraft said...

Beautiful card, very elegant!
Helen x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, Such a pretty card and a free stamp yipee! Love the idea of your challenge within a challenge with Joanne, such a laugh, all great cards though!! :0) xxx

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Very elegant Kathy. Super CAS card.

Thanks for visiting me.

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

Zoechaos said...

Full of charm and comfort a special card. XOXO Zoe

kelly said...

ohh, this card is lovely, I love chandelier cards, they always look so stylish!
Kelly xx

Jo said...

A lovely card Kathy, beautifully done. Jo x

Ang C said...

A beautiful card

Lynne said...

Gorgeous! I very nearly used my chandelier stamp. Still might do yet lol.
Lynne xxx

Linny said...

I love this one Kathy. Linda

Faith A said...

Beautiful sympathy card, with a very versatile stamp me thinks.

Pauline said...

Lovely sympathy card, beautiful image.

Susan said...

Wow...a free stamp! I never get free stamps! And this one is really great! Fab card this week! My card is HERE

My name is Wynneth said...

I love this one kathy - can't wait to get my own CS and this gorgeous stamp. Sympathy cards are so difficult to do, but you've triumphed with this one.
hugs
wynneth
x

Marlena M. said...

oooooh, so elegant! ;)

Viv said...

Lovely card, that stamp is great too, well done again :O) Viv xx

Hello From Texas said...

Oh free stamps ... how wonderful. Just like your card. Well done Kathy, I like the colors, and the sentiment outside the box. :D
Carole

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lovely stylish card I do like good chandelier

Marie

Dana Leigh said...

Wow, you've been busy with all of your submissions! All of them are great!

Jo Street said...

Its a lovely card Kathy, Ilove black n white n the chandelier is a great stamp.
Jo x

Chrissie said...

Love this card Kathy, this stamp reminds me of my personal blog background!
My copy of CS was waiting for me when I got back from my cruise!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Sue - said...

Very elegant - haven't even taken my stamp of the magazine yet!

Katalytic said...

Very tasteful Kathy, great choice of stamp

Debbie said...

Very elegant!

Shobana said...

Lovely! And with a free stamp you say?!?! Neat! Sadly, we crafters in India can just drool with all the stuff your side of the world uses :( Waaaaah!

Sally H said...

That's a beautiful card! So elegant

Loli said...

Hello Kathy, thank you for yours comments every week.
Beautiful card Kathy, i love your chandelier.So elegant card, i love it.
a hug from Palma Island