Sunday, 15 May 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Hi folks and welcome to Sunday morning,

Hope you all enjoyed your Saturday - what about Doctor Who then? I recorded "The Hand of Fear" last week - from the seventies. I was reminded of South Park and "Who killed Kenny" with the duvet aliens!! Boy oh boy those special effects look dated! I used to LOVE Doctor Who. Confused or what, with the new episode entitled "The Doctors Wife" I HAD hoped for some answers but, no - more questions than answers!

Anyhoo, I digress - made my ONE LAYER embossed entry for Simply Less Is More . . . Hmm, I went with embossing paste and, as I posted my entry I re-read the rules and read the bit about "you may use heat or dry embossing" - oopsie, so I find myself wondering whether I just disqualified myself. Shame but, as I really like the card, I'm glad to have made it anyway.


Materials used:
  • 5" square white card and envelope
  • Brass stencil taped (mega carefully) on to my base card
  • Silver embossing paste
  • Glamour dust, liberally sprinkled as soon as the stencil was removed! (even BEFORE I washed the stencil - BAD crafter!!)
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black
Hope you like it

And a second sketchie from me - where the twist is "Watch the birdie" - my first one featured a camera and, apparently, I can't get away from this twist on a twist!!, as I've selected one of the delicious clear images from the Penny Black Twelve Days of Christmas and is birds a calling ....... on their camera phone, by the looks of it!!!



Materials used:
  • White 5" square card and matching envelope
  • Yellow paper and lime ribbed card which I've had for AGES
  • Coredinations orange card
  • Dotty ribbon in orange, yellow and lime which sort of set the colour scheme!
  • Martha Stewart corner punch from a PATP set
  • Die cut shapes in circles and ovals
  • Faux Crystal gemstone
  • Narrow satin ribbon in orange and lime
  • Orange and lime buttons
  • Glue gun - used to attach the buttons


Have a fab day, however and wherever you spend it peeps



38 comments:

craftattack said...

Lovely LIM card! Valerie

Mandi said...

Im not into Dr Who, hubby is, loves Matt, says he is the best!
Your card is simple and elegant, that sentiment is fabulous!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Debgem said...

Kathy - I think it's lovely - it's embossing! And a super Christmas card too!

As for Dr Who - I loved last night's episode - it's recorded for watching again later. And Neil Gaiman is a brilliant writer!

Molecraft said...

Fab card, love the sparkle, I used embossing paste too so I hope it counts!
Helen x

Chrissie said...

Embossing paste is fab... maybe we should have mentioned that too, but as neither of us chose that option, it must have slipped our minds!
I just LOVE your sentiment!
Thanks so much for your loyalty!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Zoechaos said...

I love the embossing paste and you have used it with a lovely stencil very elegant.

i used to love Dr Who in the 70's but have not been able to bring myself to watch it all in the 21st century, afraid an adult eye will spoil the childhood magic sad innit! XOXO Zoe

Jo said...

These are both fab cards Kathy, love the sparkle on the first and all the colour on the second.

Me and my 10 year old daughter are big Dr Who fans and never miss it. At the moment we're both a tad confused to say the least!

Jo x

Linby said...

Great card and you have one ready for xmas - love the second card too.
Linbyx

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Both cards are lovely. Being a chicken keeper I LOVE the second one best!

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

Debs M said...

two fabulous cards, i love that sparkly paste, and the citrus colours on the second one is fab! x

Molecraft said...

In answer to your question the embossing paste I used is called Heritage Handcrafts Dimensional Paint, I picked it up from a local craft shop but I think its very old so don't know if you can still get it!
Helen x

Carol said...

Lovely cards !

Carol

Suze Bain said...

I've never used embossing paste, looks fab, very sparkly and festive! xx

Rosemary said...

your LIM card is simply lovely!!

kelly said...

great LIM card, I'm always so impressed when people start their christmas cards so early, very organised!!
Kelly xx

Ang C said...

Great cards!

Ruth M said...

Love the sparkle against that crisp white card, great card!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Kathy. Loving your beautiful embossed CAS card. The embossing paste is so beautiful and I love the sentiment.

Your bright and cheerful chickie card is just the ticket too. The orange and lemon colours

Lx

mustavcoffee said...

Hi Kathy, Gorgeous card! Embossing paste is great and now you've got another gorgeous card for Christmas. Love your chick card too:0) xxx

Dora said...

O wow Kathy these are fabulous what a contrast from one card to another, so colourful and cute the second one but I really love the CAS one mostly ... it is so elegant. Have a fantastic Sunday xxx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I am not familiar with embossing paste, but it sure looks great on your card! I also cracked up with your "calling bird" - fabulous!

Sally H said...

oh wow! This is just gorgeous! You captured the sparkle brilliantly on your photo too!

Little Snippets said...

I see you're forward planning too Kathy! Gorgeous card and sooo sparkly :) Love the chicken card too, lovely and bright. Sarah x

Carol said...

Great Lim card. As for Dr Who I can't watch - still afraid of the daleks lol Carol x

Anne said...

Two lovely cards, I'm laughing at the "calling" bird, that's certainly brought it up to date lol!
Anne
x

Rita said...

Two beautiful cards Kathy. The first one is my favorite and its definately embossing. Hugs Rita xxxx

Liz, said...

Two fabby cards, never tried embossing paste, something else to add to the list!

Liz x

Marlena M. said...

You got a nice start on Christmas cards...this one is lovely!
I enjoyed your second whimsical card...what a hoot! :)

Brenda Brown said...

The embossing paste worked very well Kathy and a cute take on watch the birdie.
Hope you've had a good weekend.
luv and hugs brenda} xoxox

Beryl K said...

Lovely card, that embossing paste looks brilliant, must try it sometime
Beryl x

Susan said...

Kathy, love the sparkle you have on your card! Simply fab!! Your second card just makes me smile!

Jenny said...

Love the stencil and the embossing paste looks great :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

The embossing paste works brilliantly - a great Christmas card! Love that bright birdie card too.

Craftyrose said...

Loving that Penny Black stamp! xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Great card and fab use of the paste must get me some of that !

Marie

Kathleen said...

Lovely card, I am in the process of trying out embossing paste but as yet no luck.
Thanks for your comments.

Kath x

kingstonmama said...

Really pretty card. It has great sparkle, and that sentiment is wonderful! I've not heard of embossing paste. I'll have to check that out!

Katiejane said...

That's such an effective look on the Xmas card, love the CAS style you've used, great for crafting in bulk.
Check out those bright colours which fit perfectly to the stamped image.
Katie