Monday, 16 May 2011

Morning readers and welcome to the start of another week!

Hi there,

Yesterday, a number of people left some fabulous comments on my blog regarding my "embossed" entry for Simply Less Is More and several people said they weren't familiar with embossing paste. The paste used was Dreamweaver embossing paste (see it here) and if you are unsure how this works then there's a video on youtube (you can see it here, or just put in embossing paste and watch any of a number of technique videos). If you were one of the people who hadn't seen it before then I hope you will find that information useful.

I had another go at the LIM embossing challenge - stuck with the embossing paste as I have quite a bit of it but only in silver! (it's a big pot!) thought I would try and "funk up" the silver by using ultra fine glitter so took my diva shoe stencil and had a go - whaddya reckon - did it work?!?!?



Materials used:
  • 5" x 5" square white card
  • Shoe stencil attached to my base card using low tack tape (VERY important if you don't want to damage your base card)
  • Dreamweaver silver embossing paste, applied with a flexible spatula
  • Ultra fine hot pink glitter
  • Fiskars sentiment inked in Memento london fog
And, over on Craft Mad & Loving It, Lauren has set this weeks themed challenge and it is TAGS . . . . no other proviso, just tags. So I set to work ......




Materials used:
  • One kraft tag
  • Distress Inks: Tea Dye, Aged Mahogany, Frayed Burlap
  • Rubbadubbado fob watch inked in brilliance Cocoa Bean
  • Close to the Heart numerals inked in Pearlescent Crimson
  • Art Impressions "ART" inked in memento tuxedo black
  • And finally Cosmic Shimmer Angel Mist spritzed over the top which, sadly, made photographing it rather more tricky!!!

Hope you like it - fancy entering the tag challenge? Pop over here and have a look then .....

Spoke (by phone and electronically) with a couple of pals over the weekend and we're going to Artstamps in Newbury in July - anyone else going?

In the meantime, have a fantabulous Monday.


17 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the tag,Kathy.

Princess4Wiz said...

Fabulous embossed cards, Kathy! I've never heard of embossing paste before. So tis true that you learn something new every day! Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Beth. xxx

Chrissie said...

Well done on going with the embossing paste again.
Looks great, I shall have to practice.
I'm not convinced that the London Fog ink complements the hot pink/purple glitter too well... it looks a little lack lustre in comparison. For my money I think it need something a little bolder. Just my view though Kathy!
Thanks so much for another fab submission.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

Shoe looks fab! xxx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous pink designer shoe Kathy and a great tag - just love the colours, stamps and distressing.
Not heard of artstamps so gonna have to go and research - but sounds like my kinda thing doesn't it?
Have a great week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Debgem said...

Absolutely love the purple shoe!!! I think the sentiment would be better in black - that purple needs a strong contrast. But I love the sentiment and shoe together - made me smile :)

Craftyrose said...

Loving that shoe Kathy! wish I could own and indeed walk in a pair like that!

Vicky said...

Fabulous card love the sentiment that is my kind of sentiment lol. Loving the paste not heard of it myself but it looks fabulous.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jo said...

Great card Kathy. Would be perfect for a friend of mine - she 'collects' shoes! Jo

Mandi said...

Super effect and super show Kathy
Great card
Thanks very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Zoechaos said...

Gosh you made that shoe sparkle, glitter on embossing paste seems to just have that little extra light catching quality :~) XOXO Zoe

Linby said...

Love the glittery shoe - fab.
Linbyx

Carol said...

Gosh that shoe is fab, love it. Carol x

StampingStace said...

What can I say - I'm a shoe girl! Fab!!!
Stacex

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous shoe card kathy, loving the glitter and that really is such a fabby sentiment - my thoughts exactly. I would struggle to take a step in a shoe like this these days, sadly :O(
hugs
wynneth
x

Susan said...

Another fab card, Kathy! I need to check out that embosing paste! Thanks!

Suzi B said...

Hi Kathy, fabulous shoe and I love that saying!
Sue x