Yesterday, a number of people left some fabulous comments on my blog regarding my "embossed" entry for Simply Less Is More and several people said they weren't familiar with embossing paste. The paste used was Dreamweaver embossing paste (see it here) and if you are unsure how this works then there's a video on youtube (you can see it here, or just put in embossing paste and watch any of a number of technique videos). If you were one of the people who hadn't seen it before then I hope you will find that information useful.
I had another go at the LIM embossing challenge - stuck with the embossing paste as I have quite a bit of it but only in silver! (it's a big pot!) thought I would try and "funk up" the silver by using ultra fine glitter so took my diva shoe stencil and had a go - whaddya reckon - did it work?!?!?
- 5" x 5" square white card
- Shoe stencil attached to my base card using low tack tape (VERY important if you don't want to damage your base card)
- Dreamweaver silver embossing paste, applied with a flexible spatula
- Ultra fine hot pink glitter
- Fiskars sentiment inked in Memento london fog
- One kraft tag
- Distress Inks: Tea Dye, Aged Mahogany, Frayed Burlap
- Rubbadubbado fob watch inked in brilliance Cocoa Bean
- Close to the Heart numerals inked in Pearlescent Crimson
- Art Impressions "ART" inked in memento tuxedo black
- And finally Cosmic Shimmer Angel Mist spritzed over the top which, sadly, made photographing it rather more tricky!!!
Hope you like it - fancy entering the tag challenge? Pop over here and have a look then .....
Spoke (by phone and electronically) with a couple of pals over the weekend and we're going to Artstamps in Newbury in July - anyone else going?
In the meantime, have a fantabulous Monday.