Monday, 30 May 2011

Morning readers and welcome to the start of another week!

Hi there and welcome to the start of yet another week - not entirely sure where the year is going but blimey - it'll be JUNE on Wednesday!

Saturday saw a new challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog and by Sunday afternoon there were 127 entries already!! The challenge was to pick a square from a choice of 5 (each corner plus central). Well it's obviously hit the inspirational spot with many of us as quite a few are entering a number of times - this if my FIFTH and I have to control the urge to make more before people get fed up of seeing my name!! This one is suitable (I think) for male or female use......


Materials used:
  • 6" square white, 300 gsm card, with matching envelope
  • Hero Arts image inked in Brilliance rocket red gold (how fab a colour is this?)
  • Do Crafts sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black
I decided to make the envelope co-ordinate and simply stamped the image three times whilst only inking twice. I also did the same with the insert but added the sentiment in black again to fully co-ordinate this card.


Hope you like it.

In the meantime, the Sunday themed challenge over on Craft Mad & Loving It has been unveiled by Karen and it is ........ SONG TITLES!!! Well there's been all sorts of mayhem with uploading over there so I inserted my retirement card (penguin with balloon) just to see if it worked (which, I'm pleased to say, it did) so I had a quick look on youtube and came up with THE BALLOON SONG - it's a really dreadful rendition but hey, it's a song!!! I think I shall probably have another go when time permits, in the meantime ..... this one could be Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - whaddya think? I think I prefer to think of SHOOTING STAR by Bad Company.

Last evening saw us visiting friends in Gloucester, dinner and a catch up - which was great. We've been friends with this couple for, like, EVER! Sandra is just starting out with her own business, and doing extremely well, so I've decided the star card will be heading her way as soon as I can get it in the post. BEST OF LUCK Sandra.

Happy Monday peeps, do you think it's going to be BBQ weather today? Personally, I'm going with NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as it's been raining ALL night!


22 comments:

Fluffles said...

5th card already! Well done you. Despite this being what would seem like an easy challenge, they are actually quite hard don't you think. Love all your cards especially this one & Pingu! Jx

clare said...

another great LIM card kathy. have a good BH monday. x

Neet said...

Wow - five cards for one challenge! This really has captured your imagination. Off to find your others now.

Debs M said...

no bbq here..it's raining, another fabby card! x

Pauline said...

Wonderfully clean and simple, such a pretty colour ink too.

Dolly Daydreams said...

My goodness you put us all to shame 5 cards !!!! Great card simple and striking.

Marie

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely star stamps Kathy.Lx

Mandi said...

I do like it KAthy
FAB harlequin
Great position for the star
Thanks very much
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Carol said...

Another great card Kathy and yes I do like. Carol x

Hannah said...

I like your LIM card, very simple but effective :) Wow, you've done 5 for the challenge, I thought I'd done a lot doing 3 :)

lilybygilly said...

I love this card! Just perfect! Gill x

Faith A said...

What a great card.

Love the Balloon song story :)

Michelle said...

Great card Kathy, I love the star stamp and you are right that ink looks fab! Love how you have co-ordinated the envelope too xx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, So CAS it's perfect, pretty colour too. You have been very busy, lots and lots of lovely cards:0) xxx

Linda said...

Hi Kathy,
I know what you mean! I've just uploaded my fifth card too! Love you last entry...I think you're right...one for the blokes as much as the girls.
See you next challenge
Linda

Stamps and Paper said...

Kathy you really do put us all to shame with all your entries....lovely cards as usual

ANne

massofhair said...

You've been a very busy bunny this week, glad you have been enthused by this weeks challenge. All five have been great and very different:-)

Chrissie said...

What have we started?
I'm feeling elated by the number of entries this week, but my word, I don't seem to be able to catch up with my commenting!
Such lovely work too!
Another fab one Kathy!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Cute and pretty - just perfect for a good luck card. I love how you decorated the envelope too.
Caroline xxx

Susan said...

YAY!! You did it!! 5 cards! WOW! Love the bright stars...so pretty!
My card is HERE

Katiejane said...

This is sipmple but perfect at the same time and I agree, great for male or female.
Katie

Paula W said...

a fab CAS card!