Thursday, 26 May 2011

Morning - Thursday already!

Hi there,
 
A big Purple welcome to new follower Judy, hope you'll pop back from time to time.

Well, craftbubble came back and blogger seems to be behaving itself so all is right in my World!!! I FINALLY found the time to cut out my birthday grumpies (which are actually Halloween Grumpies but they were a BIRTHDAY gift - thanks your blue-ness!) so I'm planning to get down and grumpie in a bit!

Rain overnight - hubby tells me it was raining so hard at one point that it woke him up! OOOPS - missed the whole experience (thankfully), still - you just KNOW the gardeners amongst us are going to be grateful and, if it only rains at night, I'm happy too! Yep, I'm no gardener - leave that to Steve as he enjoys a good potter about in the garden!

Had another go at a kinetic card for Bah Humbug as I wasn't sure my shaker card fitted the bill . . . . although subsequent remarks indicate it seemed to fit the brief so thanks peeps. I made a spinner card this time and followed the plan, stuck it all together and left it for an hour, went back to pick up and finish the card . . . . horror or horrors . . . . the DST used to attach my spinner threads was plainly not up to STIX2 standards and the bottom thread was very slack . . . . so there was nothing for it but to pull the thread out. I TRIED re threading it using a needle - though I hadn't really thought through how to attach it FIRMLY if I'd been successful so, frankly, had to go with plan B), which was to tie a piece of organza ribbon in to a bow and heat up the glue gun . . . . and secure my spinner thread to .... the FRONT of the card!!!


  
Materials used:
  • C6 metallic double aperture card and envelope (QVC TSV)
  • Two bauble images (also from a QVC TSV)
  • Metallic embroidery thread (from Hobbycraft - recognise it Lilian?)
  • Gold organza ribbon tied in to a bow
  • Silver peel off
  • Glittered silver paper for the insert
  • Glue gun, Scotch Quick Dry adhesive and useless double sided tape
  
Hope you are all having a fab Thursday

 

 

8 comments:

Ann said...

yeah Kathy this is fun.
Glad blogger let you post it.
Ann xxx

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Kathy.What a lovely project . I love the way you could improvise /change plans so easily .
Thanks for your visit to my blog and kind words .

Judy said...

Hi Kathy I'm back :)
I love this card... I hope you have a great day.
Judy

scrappyjacky said...

Love the way you've done this one ,Kathy.

Max said...

Fabulous Aperture Spinner card Kathy ... looks really stunning with the red metallic card and organza ribbon!

Jane said...

I have just been doing some googling about it and think I may have found away around it and if this has posted then it worked!!

Dora said...

Wow what a fabulous card this is Kathy, love the spinning thing :) .. hey I cased the birthday card you sent me he he ... I will be posting tomorrow Hugs xxx

Debs M said...

fabby card x