Sunday, 29 May 2011

A nice relaxing Sunday morning ......

Hi there,

Welcome to a lazy Sunday morning! Also welcoming my new follower, Squirrel, glad you found me and hope you'll be popping back from time to time!

Right, having teased you about my "grumpie" session I'm pleased to say that my card arrived at it's destination so this is no longer a "spoiler" post .....



Materials used:
  • 5" square white care and envelope
  • Smeared ink "grumpie" image and sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black, on to white card and cut out
  • Copics and Pro Markers to colour said grumpie
  • Navy ribbed card die cut in to a scalloped rectangle
  • Organza ribbon
  • Double sided sheet adhesive cut in to a rectangle slightly larger than my grumpie panel and then Jones Tones blue glitter applied - liberally!!!
  • Silver glitter panel run through my die cut machine inside an embossing folder
  • Blue gems to finish

Hope you like it, my pal assures me she did!!!

And now to a FOURTH entry for this week's challenge over on Simply Less Is More!! This challenge just goes from strength to strength - with over 80 entries already! WOWSER - this seemed like such a simple idea and yet - I KEEP thinking of other things to do with this . . . . thought I'd try a different corner this time!



Materials used:
  • 6" scalloped square white card and envelope
  • Cats Pyjamas image and the word HAPPY inked in memento tuxedo black, directly on to my base card
  • The word RETIREMENT (by Hampton Art - I THINK) inked in memento tuxedo black also directly on to my base card.
  • S.U. marker pen to draw freehand border around my chosen square
  • Diamond glaze on the balloon, hat and "trumpet"
  • Three silver "pearls" to finish

I THINK I'm done for this week . . . but then again, I DO have bottom right left to use if I fancy another go!

Have a great Sunday - my hubby is still debating whether or not to go flying - it's dull, it's grey and it's windy ...... but I BET he will!


26 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh Kathy you are on a roll this week, even though it;s only sunday morning lol
Cute card, he looks quite happy sat in that corner
Look forward to the final corner!
Thanks very much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Jan said...

Such a great fun card xx Jan

Debs M said...

two fabulous cards..lovely grumpy and that penguin is so sweet! x

Linda said...

How cute is this, Kathy!! I love it! :-)

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

What a fun retirement card. Sure to please.

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

Carol said...

That's so cute Kathy. Carol x

Debgem said...

Good grief - I thought I'd caught up with commenting and here you are on another card! Love that penguin - he's really cute!

Love the first card - such fun!

fatmonica said...

Love them both!The 'that's a wrap' card is brilliant-that image is great.Love the penguin-it's perfect for the card.

Jeannie said...

Loving all your LIM cards but this little penguin is so cute! Jeannie x

Ohneilly said...

A lovely card, Claire x

Brenda Brown said...

I still can't get my head around the LiM, they take me longer than my detailed embellished ones. I love the simplicity you achieve with these Kathy.
Hope your Sunday is good.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lorraine A said...

fabulous cards Kathy :-) Both of them are gorgeous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

joanne wardle said...

both fab! this challenge has taken over my life, but rather than something for each corner I've just become obsessed with how many ways I can use that top right corner!

Katiejane said...

Rocking the CAS style once more PP! I love the "It's a Wrap" sentiment, how cool?
Hope you've had a great weekend.
Katie

lilybygilly said...

What a cute card! Love it! Gill x

Faith A said...

Oh! yes I can see balloons out when retiring, great image and card.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my cards Kathy.

Faith A said...

Sorry me again, thought the grumpy card had seperate comments, never mind I'll go again :)

Great card, love the sentiment and the embossing and the way you have done the ribbon, great card

Vicki Dutcher said...

He is a perfect party guy for retirement! Well done~

Little K Smith said...

Fabulous cards, love the cute little penguin :)
Kelly.x

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Kathy :) Hope you are keeping well :)

I love your cards, you are on a roll! :)

The grump looks brilliant, and I love your cute penguin too.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Suzilou said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for tip about unchecking the keep me signed in box and now thank god it works was not liking google chrome at all!!

Anyway love both your cards, i'm working backwards up the Less is more cards so not seen your other entries yet, don't know why I do that should really work from the top hehe. That penguin is well cute and never seen a grump before but loving him as well :) xx

Craftyrose said...

That really is one seriously cute penguin Kathy! xx

Chrissie said...

This is a cute one Cathy... I can remember blowing my trumpet when I retired a few years ago!
Super.
Thanks yet again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Susan said...

I hope to retire in December this year...and I'll be shouting for joy so loud I bet you'll hear me! LOL! LOVE this!
My card is HERE

Linby said...

I just LOVE that cute penguin the best. Great use of the diamond glaze.
Linbyx

Lynn said...

This is a fantastic card, so cute. Had a stroll through your blog, and wow the cards are terrific, especially the wedding rsvp. Have a great mixed up week. Lynn x