Monday, 6 June 2011

2nd post - challenge entry! If you missed my earlier post then please scroll down

Hi there,

Just a quick update to let you see what I've been working on today. Aside from reading and laundry I thought I'd get on with the Bah Humbug blog challenge which is .... "surprise surprise" . . . . well actually, it was ME that was surprised ...... surprised that is, at how cool Monochrome Clean and Simple Christmas cards look!!! Check it out below and then perhaps check out the challenge, it's a great way to ensure you build up your supply of Christmas cards and avoid the last minute dash to the post!!!



Materials used:
  • 6" square 300gsm card and envelope
  • Papermania image and Penny Black sentiment inked in memento tuxedo black
  • 5 red faux gemstones to add just a hint of colour!

Hope you like my work.

Hubby went off to his BBQ this afternoon though, as he left, it was very black but I'm pleased to report that it has brightened up CONSIDERABLY since he left and I trust he is currently enjoying his mates get together and BBQ!

Catch you all tomorrow


18 comments:

Dora said...

Awww this is nice, so very elegant and love the idea to make the different coloured gems xxx

Netty said...

Fab Christmas card Kathy. Annette x

Debs M said...

this looks great, love the gems x

Fleur said...

A fantastic Christmas card Kathy. Love the little gems
Hugz Fleur xXx

My name is Wynneth said...

Another spectacular CAS chrimbo card young kathy - you must be just about ready to supply the whole street this year as you have been so industrious !!! Fabby :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

Sally said...

Hi Kathy, thanx for the lovely comment you left on my LIM challenge card. I presume if you know Hartciffe then you might just be local to me as I live in South Bristol. The What shop I visit is at Imperial Park & I get some supa cheap crafty stuff there. On to your cards, both of them are very much CAS & the movie star image is fab. The Christmas card is sweet & simple, what a great idea.
Sally x

Ann said...

Love the layout on this Kathy - really striking card.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

suzARTe said...

I love this CAS Christmas card. I am really becoming a fan of the less is more style of cards.
I am going to have to have a go myself at this challenge

Shirley-anne said...

Hooray Kathy so glad you led me here .During last blog problems and PC hassles I lost all my Fav address bar blogs I visit .Happily I am building up my collection of blogs again .
Once more i can follow you .
Love this Christmas card of yours here .Definately my fav style . Love the hint of colour .

Max said...

Very very eyecatching Kathy. I really like the CAS look ... just never seem to be able to achieve it for myself. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Dolly Daydreams said...

Merry Christmas to you too another beauty . Fab stamping and layout .

Marie

Susie Sugar said...

Oh this is so elegant and classy Kathy ...bit like you darling
Hugs Susie xx

Kathleen said...

Good idea to put the sentiment in the middle and the image to the side. I do prefer this to the first entry but both are great.

Kath x

Fluffles said...

Great card, love the CAS design & the colour gems just bring it to life. Perfect. Jx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing card Kathy. I do love that colour combo. It really is so sophisticated. Love it! Lx

Liz, said...

Fab card, Liz x

Sue said...

Hi Kathy
Another lovely CAS card, I like this image more as it is more up my street so to speak, but both of your cards are great. I will definitely have ago at some CAS Christmas cards along these lines this year. Sue x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Kathy. I think I'll have to do some CAS Christmas cards this year :o) Lisa x