Saturday, 25 June 2011

3rd post for today - just a quick update, don't miss my earlier posts if you've not already seen them

Hi folks,

My followers came back - must've only been a short trip to the seaside (see my last post!!) and I can now welcome my new follower, CrazyaboutCards - hope you'll find yourself popping back from time to time.

Woo Hoo - bit of a crafting desert lately so it's good to be back on a roll .... the sketch over at Simply Less Is More is just fab this week and I've combined it with the Craft Mad & Loving It anything goes and the Bah Humbug theme of PENGUINS too! Well, we ARE allowed to combine up to five by the lovely Chrissie and Mandi! It's perhaps a little less white space than I would normally leave but I'm hoping that it will be allowed!



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" 300gsm white card and envelope
  • Strip of papermania glittered self adhesive ric rac
  • Panel of burgundy coredinations edged top and bottom with a Martha Stewart Poinsettia punch (from a PATP set - I used the corner punch from this set to enhamce the insert)
  • Panel of silver holographic card with the corners rounded
  • Three burgundy card circles
  • Three white circles (slightly smaller than the burgundy) on to which I inked the Cats Pyjamas penguin using memento tuxedo black and then Marvy le plume alcohol markers and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens to colour
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black directly on to the card

Hope you like my second card for LIM and Craft Mad & Loving It and my first for the Bah Humbug Penguins challenge. Also hoping your Saturday is going with a bang this week.

Just a quick get well message for my crafting pal, Debs, who's had a bad neck for a while now - feel better soon matey.



45 comments:

Beryl K said...

This is gorgeous Kathy, love your penguins
Beryl x

Sandy said...

So cute, love the penguins! The holographic strip makes them stand out,
Sandy

Debs M said...

thanks hun, i LOVE these penguins and fabby use of the punch and holographic paper....you will be going into next years xmas cards! x

Chrissie said...

Those penguins look pretty cool Kathy! We do like white space as you so rightly say, but there still a little bit left here!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Dana Leigh said...

Very adorable!

Faith A said...

Love these littel chaps partying :)

Carol said...

Love how you've stamped the penguins Kathy, super cute card. Carol x

Vicky Hayes said...

Fabulous Kathy! These partying penguins make a great holiday card. Vx

Jo Street said...

I Love those penguin, and how you've stamped them all slightly differently is a clever idea.
Jox

Netty said...

Loving both your LIM cards Kathy. Annette x

Lizy said...

Aww this is just lovely Kathy! I love those cute penguins and well done on making a Christmas card...I keep promising myself to get started on them but it's a no go so far lol!

Lizy x

Jan said...

Great card, love it xx Jan

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous Penguin card Kathy...


Anne

Lynne said...

Great card. Love those penguins.
Lynne xxx

Jo Street said...

I love those penguins, it's a great card.
Jo x

Sharon said...

so cute!! love these penguins.
Sharon x

Linby said...

Two great cards for this week Kathy. Love those penguins, they are sooo cute.
Linbyx

TAM said...

Great card - cute images

Carol said...

Lovely penguins, this is so cute ,
Carol

fatmonica said...

Fabulous card-just love the penguins!

Brenda Dean said...

Oh, Kathy! This is a fab card! Love how you tiered the penguins so that you see more and more in each one. Great card!

Purple Crazy said...

Such cute penguins, fab card, thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! Wendy GD x

Max said...

What a super trio of penguins Kathy. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annes Art said...

Great card!!

GinaA said...

This card made me chuckle, the penguin image is so cute.
I am having trouble with my image not showing against my comments, hope it fixes itself soon.
Thanks for your comments on my blog

Christine said...

Cute penguins and a fab card. Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug! this week.
Hugs Christine Guest DT xx

Jess said...

the shiney card looks good

Helene said...

Lovely penguins and great card.

Hazel said...

Those images are really cute, lovely card. Hazel x

Aquarius said...

Really cute penguins and I like the way you've combined two challenges

Susan said...

Super cute card, Kathy! Love those little penguins!
My Card

Theresa said...

Kathy this is just too cute!! I love penguins. The silver behind them is just fantastic. Love it!!

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous hun, great use of the sketch! Hugs Sxx

Kathleen said...

This is fabulous, must say, not a fan of seashells but love these cuties, great sentiment too.

Kath x

My name is Wynneth said...

Love those cute penguins miss kathy, great LIM card. So pleased that your Followers came home safely !

hugs
wynneth
x

Aileen said...

Love the penguins and your bright colours make it all very jolly for the festive season! x

Ann said...

wow I love this - what a superb image used to perfection.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

sasa said...

Of course your Christmas mojo kick in when its 26 outside! Great card and love the different selections of the Mr. Penguin.

Thanks so much for for calling by too,
Sarah

The Crafty Elf said...

Those little guys are just so darn cute! This is such a fun card! Great job!

VICTORIA said...

Love the penquins. Great card. Victoria :)

Shobana said...

Just LOVE those penguins! Too cute! :)

Angelnorth said...

Super cute card, love those penguins!

Larissa said...

Fabulous card! I love the images you used!

Hugs,
Larissa

Ruth said...

Love your penguins!

Ang C said...

I'm lovin' those penguins - great card