Thursday, 21 July 2011

Morning - Thursday already!

Hi there,

What an excellent week I'm having?! Monday evening saw me and my hubby shopping for acrylic paints for my art journalling projects and then off to the local cinema multiplex in order to catch the latest Harry Potter movie (brilliant btw), Tuesday it was off to Burnham to meet up with Jacky and her pal, Gill and Wednesday saw me wrestling with aforementioned art journalling project and then we both headed off to the theatre to see Legally Blonde, also fabulous, a very high energy performance.

Now, some of you may have seen yesterday's post and will know how my canvas started life ...... well, here's the next stage. Mind you, when I bought my acrylic paints I hadn't really considered how translucent they would be ...... and these aren't so it hasn't turned out QUITE the way it was supposed to but - according to Kate Crane - there are no mistakes in art!!!


Primed, gesso'd and my colours all chosen and lined up, along with some other materials I thought I might need.

This time I remembered my color wheel - though not well enough to not make a hash of it!! Oh well.


I added my base colour (Brilliant red) using a baby wipe - very quick!

It was fingers for colour application for this layer - SPLENDIDLY messy it was too - and, boy, was it FUN!?!? This was yellow and blue along with a little more red over the top of my base coat and a little white to tone it down.

How do you think it's looking?


I started to embellish and layer patterns with masks and sequin waste sponged using acrylic paint in yellow and white and dipping the lids from household bits and bobs in to Inka Gold and black paint and running my Ranger spreader through various paints too. As you can see, it's starting to look infinitely more interesting now. It's not finished by any stretch of the imagination but I had to stop and let it dry AND head off to the theatre so ...... there will be further progress today so do watch out for it!

Happy Thursday - the weekend will be along before you know it!


6 comments:

Hippywitch said...

Looks like great fun :-) I'm intrigued now to see this progress!

Debs M said...

looking good so far x

Lilian said...

Looking good Kathy. You can turn your talent to anything. Well done. Lilian x

Brenda Brown said...

Ooo this is sooooo exciting, keep going my friend I want to see how it turns out. I have a plastic holey piece that came out of a chinese meal box that I use as well as sequin waste, so don't forget to look anywhere and everywhere for things you can ink through.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Debs M said...

ooh thanks for the heads up i never thought of that Kathy!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, I'm loving this so far, looks like a very interesting project and I too, like Brenda can't wait to see how it all turns out, Gay xxx