To those friends affected, and you know who you are, I hope things will settle down and that you will each find the strength to deal with the blows dealt - my best wishes to you.
Last evening saw us nipping out with our pal Debbie, to Raj's, our local Indian - another successful evening - we had a lovely catch up and set the world to rights over a beer (us) and OJ for Debbie (designated driver) - thanks, Debbie.
Of course, after the sorting out of my Christmas drawers I almost feel like I should sort out the other drawers too ...... but I simply can't face it!
There's a new challenge this morning from the peeps at Humbug Hall!, and it is SOMETHING NEW. Now this could be a new purchase on the crafting front or it COULD simply be a new technique. Entries close at 12:00 mid day on Thursday August 25th. GOOD LUCK
I decided not to be so tardy this week - don't want the ladies at Humbug Hall to think I don't enjoy their challenges. I went with brayering, a technique new to me, and new cardstock (given to me on Wednesday - so pretty new).
- C6 300gsm white card and matching envelope
- Panel of red hologram card edged with my EK Success binder punch
- Black panel of card
- White panel of card brayered all over with D.I. in worn lipstick
- Paper Artsy diamond design inked with D.I. Barn door and stamped twice in opposing corners
- Paper Artsy line image inked with versacolor silver and stamped twice in the remaining two corners
- Penny Black poinsettia image inked with Memento tuxedo black AND Brilliance pearlescent poppy
- Penny Black sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
Hope you like it.
The delightful ladies at Humbug Hall had a draw to celebrate reaching 400 followers and drew three names from the hat to win a prize! How lovely of them? Well, would you believe that I was one of them so I now can't wait to see what the prize is! Congratulations too, to my fellow winners Brenda (Butlers Abroad) and Anne (Stamps and Paper).
1. If walking/cycling is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water and is fat.
3. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.
4. A tortoise doesn't run, does nothing ..yet lives for 150 years.
AND YOU TELL ME TO EXERCISE!
I'm retired, go around me!