Friday, 19 August 2011

TGI Friday peeps - and FRIDAY FUN TIME!!!

Morning all,

Friday again, and what a week it's been - I've had some disturbing news (about my hip) and I've heard some disturbing news from friends about friends and relatives and the weather's been pants but on the plus side, at least my hip's gonna get fixed and I should be bounding around like a 54 year old again by Christmas - so, not all bad.

To those friends affected, and you know who you are, I hope things will settle down and that you will each find the strength to deal with the blows dealt - my best wishes to you.

Last evening saw us nipping out with our pal Debbie, to Raj's, our local Indian - another successful evening - we had a lovely catch up and set the world to rights over a beer (us) and OJ for Debbie (designated driver) - thanks, Debbie.

Of course, after the sorting out of my Christmas drawers I almost feel like I should sort out the other drawers too ...... but I simply can't face it!

There's a new challenge this morning from the peeps at Humbug Hall!, and it is SOMETHING NEW. Now this could be a new purchase on the crafting front or it COULD simply be a new technique. Entries close at 12:00 mid day on Thursday August 25th. GOOD LUCK

I decided not to be so tardy this week - don't want the ladies at Humbug Hall to think I don't enjoy their challenges. I went with brayering, a technique new to me, and new cardstock (given to me on Wednesday - so pretty new).



Materials used:
  • C6 300gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Panel of red hologram card edged with my EK Success binder punch
  • Black panel of card
  • White panel of card brayered all over with D.I. in worn lipstick
  • Paper Artsy diamond design inked with D.I. Barn door and stamped twice in opposing corners
  • Paper Artsy line image inked with versacolor silver and stamped twice in the remaining two corners
  • Penny Black poinsettia image inked with Memento tuxedo black AND Brilliance pearlescent poppy
  • Penny Black sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black

Hope you like it.

The delightful ladies at Humbug Hall had a draw to celebrate reaching 400 followers and drew three names from the hat to win a prize! How lovely of them? Well, would you believe that I was one of them so I now can't wait to see what the prize is! Congratulations too, to my fellow winners Brenda (Butlers Abroad) and Anne (Stamps and Paper).

And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, has been brought to us care of Lilian - thanks matey - hope it will bring a smile to your faces - ENJOY!


HEALTH MESSAGE:





1. If walking/cycling is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.


2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water and is fat.


3. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.


4. A tortoise doesn't run, does nothing ..yet lives for 150 years.



AND YOU TELL ME TO EXERCISE!


I'm retired, go around me!



And wishing you all a happy and healthy weekend.



11 comments:

Debs M said...

great card and congrats on your win! loving the friday funny too x

jackid said...

hi Kathy so glad your hip is going to be sorted soon love the card beautiful colour and love the stamped image too have a great weekend oh and congrats on your winn aswell
Jacki xx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy
I see you have been creating fabulous things whilst I have been away and this card is fabulous.
I hope all goes well with your hip, what a shock you must have had, but as you say it will all be sorted by Christmas - doesn't sound too bad when you say it like that.
Well done on your win.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous card! Love how you have stamped the background in opposite corners, it looks awesome! All the best with your hip, you'll be dancing before you know it!

butlersabroad said...

You're quick off the mark this morning! Lovely PB card, never tried brayering, one more thing to add to the list! Good news about your hip, best to get it over and done with instead of waiting for months on end. Thanks for the heads on over at Bah Humbug, I hadn't got there yet when I saw your comment.

Have a great weekend.

Brenda

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a great take on Christmas. Fabby! Great funny too. Lx

Lilian said...

Loving the card you have made kathy. I am glad you could use the card,
Take care
lilian x

DonnaMundinger said...

Kathy, this is beautiful! I actually should have been brayering my stamp for my challenge card this week but oops! I forgot the demo. Your design here is really fab. Beautiful and modern. Love the punched red hologram mat, too. Fabulous take on the challenge and congrats on your win at Bah! Humbug! xxD p.s. I got a kick out of your funny. I knew there was a reason I didn't feel like going for a walk today. LOL

Aquarius said...

Congratulations on your win - great card for this week's challenge

Sandra said...

Lovely card Kathy, congratulations on your win. Sandra

Ann said...

Oh my goodness so many entries at the Hall this week - didn't we just know that our followers would love the theme of something new.
My goodness this card is fab - love it. Congrats on your win - prize will be on it's way tomorrow promise.
Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug!
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT