Friday, 26 August 2011

TGI Friday peeps - and FRIDAY FUN TIME!!!

Hi there and welcome to Friday,

It's nearly the weekend and I'm hoping you all have high hopes for the weekend!

OK, OK, so how many of you bought something from QVC's Christmas Craft Day yesterday? No? Me either! Not saying I wasn't tempted but ....... I managed to restrain myself - not entirely sure how but! The TSV DID look good and I do personally know of at least one person who bought it - looking forward to hearing the review of the Stamping Around The Page set.

I won a prize in their "400 followers draw" from Bah Humbug recently and this arrived safely this very morning - my thanks to the ladies at Humbug Hall.

New challenge over on Bah Humbug too and this week it's "Here come the girls"!!! So, anything girlie - break out the bling then!!! Well, I couldn't wait to get cracking on this one so here's mine ....



Materials used;
  • 5" square 300gsm scalloped white card and matching envelope
  • Go Kreate die cut (fancy rectangles) cut once in white and once in red mirri card
  • Narrow red/gold ribbon
  • Penny Black image inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Pro Markers to colour image
  • Studiog sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black directly on to base card
  • Kaisercraft glitter "water drop" gems
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Yesterday I met up with my pal, Sue, at the mall at Cribbs. Now Sue has a birthday coming up soon (can't tell you which one because I would have to kill you!) but suffice it to say I wanted to get her something nice. Over a cream tea in John Lewis I persuaded her to open her present ....... as I had three people waiting in the wings to take her giftie if she happened not to like it (and one of them was me!). Sorry to say, peeps, that she did like it.




And now for the Friday Funny which, this week, comes courtesy of my Cornish crafting pal, Wynneth - thanks matey. To the rest of you ..... ENJOY!!!



HOW TWINS ARE MADE:


So this is how they do it:  ........... One of life's great mysteries solved. Twenty years ago, no one would have understood this joke!

Happy Friday everyone!



16 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Cute photo and great card.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Oh yes Kathy . . . TGIF indeed! I have perfect crafting weather (RAIN!) but am stuck here at work without much to do!

Thanks for visiting this morning.

Great handbag . . . and I've def got that PB Christmas girl on my wish list now! Love the care you've made with her. Congrats on your win.

Hugs, Sandra

scrappyjacky said...

Love that card,Kathy...great image. I watched quite a lot of QVC yesterday.....and got some ideas from it.....but no purchases.
Love the Friday funny....may have to borrow that one.

Debs M said...

oh i love that image ! is it a pb one? shame your friend liked here gift (not really)! love the pic from Wynneth x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yummy Christmas card, yummy bag....sigh. Happy Friday Your Purpleness.

Lx

Sandy said...

A fun Christmas card, love the image! The handbag and purse were pretty good too - bad luck she liked it!! and LOL I'd always wondered how twins were made.
Sandy

Loli said...

hola Kathy, where is your LIM card? :D ...thank you for to visit my blog, i'm gald to see you.
OOOOh Kathy i think...the fish pedicure...i can't resist this pedicure aaaggggg, fantastic photos, i love to travel in England, my next trip...Bath, i love Jane Austen...
A big hug from Palma

SallyB said...

Aha...the comment box has apperared this time!
I haven't been able to post a comment here or contact you on craftbubble as nothing happens when I type on there either...
Can u e-mail me please...I was wondering if you knew who to report my problem on CB to?

Becky said...

Fab xmas card.
Im not surprised ur friend liked the bag its lovely.

Becky x

Michelle B. said...

Great image - love all the sparkles!!

Lilian said...

Kathy love the card.

Love the friday funny as well. Being a twin it just seemed all the more funny.
Take care lilian x

Pauline said...

What a gorgeouscard, beautiful image.

Aquarius said...

Great image for the BH challenge this week - definitely girly. Love the twins joke and as you say it wouldn't have been understood years ago.

Ann said...

Oh my goodness so many fabulous entries at Bah! Humbug! this week and I'm struggling to comment due to three really long days at work plus I'm trying to get the house decent as I have a friend coming to stay tomorrow. Please forgive me for putting a copy and pasted message to everyone. I have looked at your card and as usual it's just gorgeous - love that image.
Have to say love the joke even more - how cute and funny is that - gotta copy and send to my daughter she will love it.
Have a good week.
Love from Ann
Bah! Humbug! DT

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW, GORGEOUS card! Love the modern image and the clean lines. Thanks for joining the Humbugger's this week. And your friend is one lucky gal. Still LOL about the Twins thing. My DH is a twin, but his twin is a girl. Guess somthing went wrong there. HeeHee! xxD

Ruth said...

Gorgeous card! (love the joke, too!)