Thursday, 18 August 2011

What DO you mean? A question to ponder

My husband reckons I have too many stamps!!! Heaven forfend! CAN you have TOO MANY stamps????? Methinks not, I said but ............ I've been trying to think of a suitable image for the Bah Humbug Merry KISSmas challenge and I (rather foolishly, if you ask me and with the benefit of hindsight!) decided to take JUST my Christmas drawers in to the dining room and give them a good sort out!!! Ooopsie - big stylee, as my husband caught me mid exercise and all he said was "I rest my case"!!!!


Anyhoo - several hours later, my Christmas stamps are all sorted and back in their drawers and are now, mostly, single layers so I can see what I'm looking for AND, with help from my trusty DYMO machine, said drawers are now labelled with their contents! Phewww - BUT I have discovered a gap in my Christmas purchases as I really don't have a suitable image for the Bah Humbug challenge! I shall have to get a little more creative and perhaps lateral!!


When my dear mum passed away she left me her collection of rubber stamps and I must be honest that many of them have never been inked by me so it's time to let go of some of them! I may well be offering them as prizes and/or candy in the coming weeks. All of these stamps are in good condition and have been loved by either me or my mum!


And would you blooming well believe it? Of all the things I have in my Christmas collection the very thing I ended up using for my Bah Humbug card WAS in the pile to "let go of"? What are the chances?



Materials used:
  • C5 300gsm card and matching envelope
  • Go Kreate fancy rectangle die cut in three sizes, one with the LOTV image inked in Memento tuxedo black, one in red mirri card and the other in green mirri card. EDITED TO READ: one of my dear followers has just pointed out that I should have credited the image to SARAH KAY and NOT to LOTV - thanks Wynneth for pointing me in the right direction.
  • Pro markers to colour
  • Stickles to highlight
  • Scallop rectangle edged with versacolour silver
  • Sentiment from a range of clear stamps without a packet so absolutely NO IDEA who the manufacturer is (sorry), inked in Memento tuxedo black. BTW the sentiment says "Meet me under the mistletoe"! It's quite small and fine and doesn't show up too well in the photo - again with the SORRY!
  • Red and white ribbon

Hope you like it, it's my entry for the Merry KISSMAS challenge over on Bah Humbug

Hope your Thursday is going great guns. I have one pal off to a funeral today and one with a parent in hospital - just want to say that I'm thinking of you both.

17 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

And I thought I had a lot of christmas stamps!!!!!

Sandra said...

Lovely card Kathy. It's always the same - you make the decision to get rid of something and then wish you hadn't! But that is some stamp collection!

Squirrel x said...

Well girl, I can now show your pics to the Toad and say "see, it's not just me"! Wow, that's a lot of Christmas stamps hun, impressive indeed! Gorgeous card too. Hugs Sxx

Emma E said...

Good grief!!! And that's just your Christmas stamps??! Time you upgraded to a full-on craftroom ...?

Debs M said...

I think that's more than i have in total...but i am working on it! Lovely card btw x

My name is Wynneth said...

Well done on getting your stamp stash in order - but I'm not surprised that the very one you needed for the challenge was in the 'to go' pile !! Every time I do a sort out and think I'll dispose of some stamps, I look again and realise I really like them (even if they haven't seen ink!!). I'm sure I'm wrong, but I thought that image was a Sarah Kay not a LOTV, but hey, what do I know eh? Great card, loving those Co Create shapes.
hugs
wynneth
x

Kathyk said...

I really think you are right about the image being Sarah Kay my friend!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lordy! You are The Queen of Christmas and no mistake. An enviable array of staaaaash....

Love your Bah Humbug card. Wouldn't you just know it eh... The Law of S*d strikes again...Lx

fluwelenvoetjes said...

Hi Kathyk,
thanks for your comment on my 'Less is more'card!
That is some stamp collection you have! You made a beautiful X-mascard with them :)
Anita

Jingle said...

WOW! You DO have a lot of Christmas stamps! Your card is really cute!!

Lilian said...

I like the card Kathy well done. Sure is cute.
Take caer lilian

Vicky said...

Oh my Kathy!! What a lot of stamps you have ( said in the tone of the big bad wolf!!). I think the whole of my stamp collection is as big as your christmas collection!!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Kim Dellow said...

Dude! respect! That is a good lot of stamps - but you can NEVER have too many! Kim

Stamps and Paper said...

Well Kathy firstly congratulations on your win on Bah Humbug....aren't we lucky girls?
What can I say about your stash of stamps...I too have quite a lot 14 years worth...hee...hee every now and then I have a clear out but think I'm also due another one....

Anne

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun you sure have some stamps there to play with,as for your card hun its gorgoues just love love that image hugs cherylxx

Kerryp77 said...

WOW that is alot of stamps, the card is very cute though, i don't think it can be said enough how beautiful your cards are

Ann said...

oh Kathy you need to sort your husband out - you haven't got too many stamps - it's just not possible and how lovely that you have your mum's - what lovely memories you must have when using them.
congrats on sort out - would you like to come and do mine?
Love the card - thanks for being a great regular on our challenge.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT