Friday, 23 September 2011

2nd post of the day, challenge entry, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Hi folks,

No idea what's been going on with craftbubble the last two days but I've been able to log in this morning for the first time - YAY. With it being Friday I was horribly afraid it was likely to be off-line till Monday! CRIKEY! AND THEY'VE FIXED THE LONG STANDING ISSUE WITH THE PHOTO INSERTION SOFTWARE too - HURRAH.

Anyhoo, why am I back with a second post? Well, there's a new challenge launched today over on the Bah Humbug blog and this week the challenge is "Rudolph / Reindeer" and, naturally, I wanted to have a go ..... Rosie also re-launched the Christmas recipe challenge on Craft Mad and Loving It on Wednesday and her theme is "ChristMOUSE pie" ..... sadly, no mice images here so I've asked everyone to pretend that Rudolph looks like a mouse!! a bit of a stretch I know but I did want to support her challenge so I'm hoping she'll forgive me! Sadly, I've not been able to upload it to Bah Humbug as I appear to be experiencing technical difficulties whilst posting - anyone else got the same problem with blogger? And yet I was able to simply copy and paste my blog address link in to post so perhaps I've done something wrong with the link .... so we shall see.



Materials used:
  • White C5 card and envelope
  • DCWV Christmas paper stack
  • White Bristol board panels
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Rudolph image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to one BB panel and corners rounded
  • Glossy accents added to Rudolphs nose and to the baubles hanging from his antlers
  • DCWV textured self adhesive red paper panel with corners rounded
  • On the larger BB panel I rounded the corners and then inked the Recollections sentiment and holly border using Memento tuxedo black and Marvy le Plume II marker pens (huffing where necessary before stamping)
  • Crystal and platinum stickles to highlight
  • Narrow red satin ribbon tied round the check DCWV panel in to a bow
  • Two faux crstal gemstones to finish
Also decided to make another ATC as I always have a fair few to send out when I get home and won't actually have very long to send them out in!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Michaels ink dots in green
  • Studiog image and Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Martha Stewart glue pen and crystal glamour dust

Have a fab weekend folks.

9 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooh this is lovely. I like the sponging around your 'mouse' and your colouring is fab. I suppose it looks a bit like a mouse if you shut one eye and squint a bit tee hee!

Debs M said...

great card and lovely atc x

Katina said...

Lol, Kathy!! Fab card with a great 'mouse' image! Love your ATC too. xx

Cheryl said...

oh this is one super card hun and just love that atc,brilliant hugs cherylxxxxxx

Max said...

Hi Kathy,
I've not had a lot of online time recently but have had issues with blogger being temperamental for a while now.
Such a cute 'mouse' masquerading as Rudolph ... teehee ... thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Ann said...

Two totally awesome cards. Love them both.
Thank you for joining us again at Bah! Humbug!
Ann DT Bah! Humbug!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh, lovely work Kathy. You Rudy (dooby doo) card is adorable and your gorgeous atc is very arty (and my fave colour...). Smashing! Lx

Ruth said...

Love your reindeer mouse! Such a great card!

Barb said...

Kathy, I love that reindeer! He looks ready for anything! Wonderful card and I like the ATC, too! Thanks for playing along with us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

Barb, Guest Designer