Saturday, 24 September 2011

2nd post of the day, challenge entry, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Hi there, guess what? Me again!

Been crafting - working on the Craft mad and Loving It challenge and the Simply Less Is More challenge and, yes, I managed to combine them - though I did feel I had to move the sentiment around on the page a little - I think it works and hope Chrissie and Mandi will forgive me too! Hope you like it. Chrissie passed comment about my tree being a bit too near the top and I think perhaps she's right - that would maybe have balanced the card and made the sentiment look better placed toward the bottom - ah, the benefit of hindsight!!!!


Materials used:
  • White C5 card and envelope
  • Hero Arts Tree image inked in Memories archival black
  • Hero Arts star image inked using Marvy le Plume II yello marker
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Brilliance mediterranean blue
  • Marvy le Plume II red marker to colour tree stand
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Also thought I'd post the ATC I made yesterday whilst crafting with Wynneth and hope you'll like that too.



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Post its to mask
  • Distress Inks: wild honey, dusty concord, barn door - I am LOVING the effect the dusty concord gave the colour combo and must remember to use it again some time ..... SOOOOOON!
  • Penny Black image and Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black (which I then threw away - it's done, finished, juiced out!!!)
  • Platinum stickles to highlight

Have a fab Saturday


24 comments:

Viv said...

Such an elegant card Kathy! I love the little ATC too that colour is fab as you say :O) Viv xx

Suzilou said...

Great card, really like that tree stamp and sentiment and what a fab atc :)

Debs M said...

2 great creations Kathy x

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, both cards are beautiful, good job, i love you Merry christmas stamp, so elegant words! i love work with brillance ink too look fantastic.
A hug from Palma

Chrissie said...

Well Kathy, I would rather have had both elements down the page a little, the tree looks a little near the top of the card without actually being over the edge! You did ask!!!
I love that sentiment.. have I said that already?
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sandra said...

What an elegant card. Its so crisp and simple, love it

Katiejane said...

Your card has a real contempory feel to it with those bright, powerful colours. It looks really effective I think.
Katie x

scrappyjacky said...

Love both of these,Kathy.

Margaret said...

Lovely Kathy, and I love the ATc. Thanks for all the kind comments you leave on my blog
Margaret x

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a lovely stylish card Kathy. Lx

Craftilicious said...

It may be a tad high but the tree is stunning - love the cute little star on top :-)

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous ATC Kathy! I think I'd move the tree and sentiment down a bit on the card too - LOVE that tree! What a brilliant balloon photo in the previous post! Vx

Fiona Platzer said...

Lovely card & ATC.

Susan said...

Love that tree, but I agree that it's a little too high up. What a fabulous sentiment! I love the size of it! You know, I might even have that sentiment! Now I've got to check it out! LOL!

Linby said...

Love the tree. Very cas.
Linbyx

Mandi said...

FB card Kathy, love the tree
It would have worked better all squidged down a shade [Ada] But super nevertheless
Thank you
Mandi LIM
ps can you delete my other comment...far too many typos! [sorry]

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done. You can view my card here Maureen........x

Carol said...

Love the tree stamp, it's a pity we can't see hindsight in advance lol! Love your ATC. Carol x

Lisa A. said...

What a cool Christmas tree...LOVE the design!! Your second card is so artistic...the shapes are amazing...both so lovely:)!!

Aileen said...

Gorgeous christmas card, love the tree. x

Jenny said...

Love the very stylish Christmas tree :)
Lovely card.
Jenny x

ribenaruby said...

Lovely work! Ruby x

Jan said...

Lovely card Kathy xx Jan

fatmonica said...

Love that tree on the card-looks great!And what a fabulous ATC-are you swapping it?