Friday, 16 September 2011

2nd post of the day, please scroll down to read my earlier post

Hi there,

Second post of the day, now that I've finished my experimental tree card ..... if you've the time and inclination then do scroll down and read my earlier post.

Over on the Bah Humbug blog challenge number 37 is Flourishes and Swirls and I believe I have just the stamp so may be working on that later!!!

Yesterday, Wynneth and I went shopping at the fabulous Violettes and Diana had worked her magic yet again - with lots of scrummy new stock and a move about - every time I go in there it's like a new store!! Honestly, we're such regulars (me in particular) that we indulged in a group hug on our arrival and a personal tour of the new stock! Left to our own devices by the guys, we had an hour ........ it wasn't long enough and panic set in about five minutes before their pending return!!

Here's what I eventually settled on ....



And here's the WIP using the bare tree and the light stamp ....



And here's how it turned out ......


Materials used:
  • C5 white card and matching envelope. I coloured a border round the edge using red and yellow water soluble wax crayon and my trusty baby wipe!
  • DCWV Christmas stack paper - polka dot
  • White Bristol board on to which I had stamped the Judith's tree and Christmas light images in Memento tuxedo black.
  • Marvey le plume pens to colour the lights and two colours of green to "pad out" the tree. I used a Silver gel glitter pen from Sakura to colour the ends of the bulbs and a Faber Castell Pitt artist pen to draw the cord!
  • I added glossy accents to each of the bulbs and Crystal stickles to the tree and set aside to dry overnight.
  • Once dry I used red and yellow water soluble was crayons and a baby wipe to blend a background
  • Darcies Christmas sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Finally, before assembling the card I used the corner punch from a Martha Stewart PATP set to finish the corners.

Hope you like it ...... look forward to hearing your comments ..... and, Happy Friday folks


2 comments:

Debs M said...

loving those stamps, the snowman looks fab and the tree with the lights added is lovely, great card too x

Kerryp77 said...

love the card kathy, fab job done i love the little light bulb stamp. x