Saturday, 10 September 2011

Hello readers, welcome to the weekend

Morning all,

After no crafting for days (though it feels like weeks) I had decided that the table of craftiness was going to be sited TODAY and that I was going to get cracking ....... then down came the rain! Now the table of craftiness was making it's journey across grass from the garage next door in to our lounge and none of us wanted to traipse across wet grass and be carrying a table in the torrential downpour of this evening - so that would be a resounding NO then! Ah well ........ and I'd been shopping in readiness too


Found myself headed in to Michaels as I had a 40% discount coupon burning a hole in my pocket! I went in looking for pan pastels (which they don't stock) and came out with water soluble wax crayons! I'm still not REALLY sure quite when the Tim Holtz stamps fell in to my basket but hey!

So, having used my copics to colour a magnolia image earlier in the day I couldn't wait to get started so ....... being the purple princess I simply HAD to select a couple of crayons of purple and pink hues and  a blue and scribbled randomly around the image like a halo ...........



And then for the touch of magic - take one baby wipe!


Of course, once I'd started I couldn't stop - remembering my craft starvation all week! One thing led to another ..... I laid down a panel on the wrong sort of paper and there was de-laminating. Not good but I'm no quitter so I simply had to have another go and came up with these two too.


Materials used:
  • 300gsm kanban card
  • Reeves water soluble wax crayons
  • Baby wipe
  • water spritzer
  • Faber Castell pitt pen, for doodling
  • Tim Holtz unmounted rubber stamps, I scribbled the crayons on to the rubber and then spritzed before stamping
  • Gorjuss image previously inked in Memento tuxedo black and coloured using copic markers and then cut out

Materials used
  • 300gsm kanban white card
  • Reeves water soluble wax crayons
  • Baby wipes
  • Water spritzer
  • Tim Holtz unmounted rubber stamps, coloured with crayon and then spritzed before stamping
  • Folk art metallic gold paint - added to art journal panel with a credit card and bottle tops
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen - for doodling
Well, it was an interesting experiment - might still go back for some pastels as I'm loving the idea of the dry medium which won't buckle my paper!!! What do you think? Worthwhile experiment?


Now yesterday afternoon's storm was spectacular!!, the thunder and lightning really amazing and as for the wind and the rain!!! WELL - you can see the tree in the photo above - only joking, it's normally at a fairly "jaunty" angle but the rain was astonishing to watch and we were so lucky to have made it to the restaurant (Chili's) before it started and left after it stopped - now THAT's what I call timing! AND being HAPPY HOUR we took full advantage - well I did, since Mr. K was the designated driver! Ooopsie

Happy Saturday - hope you've a good one planned. It's a new challenge over on the simply less is more blog ....... this weeks topic is "SEEING DOUBLE" and has the added bonus of having to be a One Layer Card!! I'm not sure whether I shall get the chance to participate and apologise in advance to my fellow LIM-ettes if I don't get to visit your blogs for the next couple of weeks - there's a LOT going on in the purple palace.

4 comments:

clare said...

nice looking new stash! love what you did with those crayons and baby wipes! have a good day. x

scrappyjacky said...

Love the look of those crayons,Kathy.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabby! Lots of great projects. It's all great. Money well spent I say. I particularly love your little project at the bottom with the star and the doodling. Splendiferous!

Lx

My name is Wynneth said...

Better get all that rain, thunder and lightening over and done with before tuesday then !! I'm loving your experimnents and particularly interested in the water soluble wax crayons and baby wipe technique hmmmm...... Fabby new stash - I got a 50% Michaels voucher by email, going to try and print it off at Stu's as it lasts for a few days after we arrive - might have to organise a M's trip very soon after arrival though - how awful LOL ;oD
w xx