Saturday, 17 September 2011

Hi there and welcome to another sunny morning here in Florida

Hi everyone,

Saturday once more ...... and, over on Craft Mad and Loving It the sketchie is back!!! This week presented by Clare and her sketch is very CAS and has the added theme of "The World is your oyster"!

Decided I had a new (and perfect stamp for this project) so cracked on and made my Clean And Simple sketchie which also happens to fit the "Anything goes" 1000 challenge over on the Simply Less is More challenge and also the Swirls and flourishes challenge over on Bah Humbug.



Materials used:
  • C5 white card and envelope
  • Blue panel (bought YEARS ago as a pound of paper from Walmart)
  • White Bristol board on to which I stamped my Darcies flourish snowman in Brilliance sky blue and my Katie and Co sentiment in Brilliance mediterranean blue
  • I inked my Darcies scarf on to a piece of lavender paper using the Brilliance mediterranean blue and cut it out before adhering at a jaunty angle to my snowman
  • Recollections row of light blue pearls
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Yesterday saw us (that's Wynneth, Tom, hubby and I) heading north to a place called Graves hobbies where hubby had a small shopping list and Mr  Tom had an interest. Now Wynneth and I thought we might prefer to watch our own hair grow so adjourned two doors down ....... to Wendy's where we sat in air conditioned comfort and enjoyed one of their finest frosty's, eventually!

On leaving there we headed to the Elephant Bar and Grill. Steve and I were there last week with our neighbours but had enjoyed our meal so thought we would take W&T - imagine our surprise when they said that, not only had they eaten at one of this chain previously but even had a discount card! Hmmmf! Well, suffice it to say, we had another good meal ....


My dessert (Wynneth had this too) - I've been forbidden to show the size of Steve's dessert!

From there we headed to one of our favourite watering holes, the Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee where our barman, Scott, even remembered us!! Blimey, that's scary!
The Schooner bar inside the Gaylord Palms

Is there any such thing as a SMALL Strawberry Daiquiri?

Boys at the bar - see the size of my SMALL Pina Colada?

On the way there, however, I did snap this sunset whilst stationary at traffic lights - always helps to have a camera handy!!!

Taken whilst stopped at traffic lights - good to have a camera handy handy!

Happy Saturday everyone.

18 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like eating and drinking was the order of the day!!!

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

OOOh lucky you , I love Florida and the drinks and desserts would slip down easily too:0) Glad to see you're having a great time, Gay xxx

Debs M said...

lovely pics and the food and drinks look fabulous x

clare said...

gorgeous card, love that stamp and yummy looking pud too! x

Chrissie said...

Really enjoyed the pics... the card's not half bad either!
Sounds like you're having a wonderful time yet again.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

FAB card Kathy, as always
Your adventures look amazing
Love seeing the pics [not of the desserts of course!! lol]
Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Jan said...

Fab card! Have fun xx Jan

Suze Bain said...

Fab pics and a fab festive card. Love that snowman. xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hmph! I CANNOT believe you've been to Gaylord Palms and had Daquiri's ON MY SHIP.......WITHOUT ME!!!! This is beyond the pale. I will need therapy AND Daquiris to get over this you know.... Loverly snowie btw. How cute is he with his little woolly scarf? Awwwww....

I'm sure I'll learn to forgive you about the Daquiri's eventually. However, I must warn you that I am already thinking through my terms for forgiveness....mwah ha ha haaarrrrrr....

Lx

Carol said...

Love the card Kathy and sounds/looks like you're having fun. Carol x

Jenni's Jems said...

Lovely festive card and loved the pics too soooo jealous,and looked like you all had a fab time x

Sandra said...

Love that snowman! Enjoy your hols. Sandra

Brenda Brown said...

Looks like you are having a ball and thoroughly enjoying yourself.
Love the cas card, perfect.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Loli said...

Hola Kathy...oooh i love your bubble flourish snowman,beautiful card and the boat restaurant...INCREDIBLE.:D
A hug from Palma

Suzi B said...

Hi Kathy... lokos like you're having a wonderfull time.. enjoy!
like the snowman too
Suzi B x

Linby said...

Great snowman-love his scarf. Have a daiquiri for me!
Linbyx

Aileen said...

Your snowman looks so happy he made me smile! Love your choice of blues.

Really enjoyed looking at your holiday snaps. We go in two weeks, getting excited! x

Margaret said...

Love this Kathy
Margaret x