Sunday, 25 September 2011

Hi there and welcome to Sunday

Hi there,

Last night we were out to dinner with our neighbours, Sally and Roger, and went to a Mexican restaurant in Kissimmee (Garibaldi's). We were joined by Sally's daughter, Bonnie, which was real nice and a good time was had by all though the storm started whilst we were in the restaurant!! Bonnie, bless her, volunteered to go get the car so I didn't drown on my slow way to the car!! It was back to Sally and Roger's for another drink and a chat before heading home to watch Doctor Who on BBC America! Did anyone else watch last night's episode? I'm not normally a big fan of James Corden but he was great in this episode.

I'm a little late with my post today as we got up this morning to find ...... NO INTERNET or TV service!!! Blimey, must've been one heck of a storm last night - kind of a shame we slept through it!! DUH!
Yesterday, I made a card for the Craft Mad and Loving It and Simply Less is More challenge .... a nice enough design to a fab sketch from Chrissie and Mandi but it just wasn't quite right. After a couple of people quite rightly pointed out the error of my ways I decided to have another go at this card ....... better?

  • Materials used:
  • White C5 card and matching envelope
  • Hero Arts Image inked in Memories jet black ink
  • Hero Arts star image inked using Marvy le plume II marker
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Brilliance mediterranean blue
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
Happy Sunday everyone - how's the weather with you? I hear tell that the U.K. is experiencing an Indian Summer and hope you are all making the most of it.

13 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely CAS card,Kathy.

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

I love this CAS Christmas card.

Hugs, Sandra x

Susan said...

YES! Love the balance in this card! That tree is just as cute as can be!

Chrissie said...

Much better Kathy!
The balance is a lot better!
You are a star for having another go!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Brenda Brown said...

Looks really good to me Kathy.
Yes the pastels were pan pastels and I had a play when I got home using masks and versamark to get depth. Love them so far.
Have a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lynne said...

Smashing Kathy.
Lynne xxx

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun that is one beautiful stamp hugs cherylxxxx

Anne said...

Whew this is one classy Christmas card:)
Anne
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Definitely better Kathy. The first one was good but this is great. Lx

Sally said...

Hi Kathy, I love this simple tree stamp & the swirly sentiment. A very striking CAS crimbo desing.
Sally x

Carol said...

Fabulous balance Kathy, love it. Carol x

Sandy said...

Simple and elegant, a great Christmas card,
Sandy

Mandi said...

Thsi is terific KAthy
I dont watch Dr WHo, but I caught a glimpse of James Corden, I do like him have to say

Thanks so much for redoing your card, this is spot on
Mandi LIM