Monday, 19 September 2011

Woo Hoo, crafting and shopping with a pal!

Hello fellow crafters,

Yesterday saw some wicked weather and some cheeky wildlife (but more of that later) and something almost UNHEARD OF!! I went in to not one but TWO Michaels and exited without buying ANYTHING at all - I've booked an appointment to see a local doctor!

A spot of remedial crafting was in order and I made a quick ATC - which helped!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Recollections images inked in Memento tuxedo black and coloured using marvy alcohol markers
  • Sakura gelly roll glitter pen in silver
  • Distress Inks in wild honey, barn door and fired brick
Anyhoo, during all of that AWFUL rain yesterday one of the cute little gecko's (ALL called Eddy L'Izzard!) made himself quite at home on our patio chairs - cheeky!



Whilst heading to one of the fruitless shopping forays in to Michaels we were harmlessly meandering along the road and saw this fellow sunning himself. We did a quick U turn and I got my camera out, expecting him to have legged it by the time we got back to him but no ..... he posed and, the second I rolled my window back up, he did indeed "leg it"!!! Poser!


Anyway, have a fabulous Monday - I'm pretty sure we will as we're off to Ruskin, home of the mighty Sparkle 'n Sprinkle. Once we girlies are done there we intend to head up the coast road scoping out nice places to stop .... and finishing at the splendid beach bar in Clearwater - oh what a trial? Wish us luck!


7 comments:

Debs M said...

sounds awful Kathy ;) great pics x

Kerryp77 said...

OMG rather you than me with the croc. i would have been terrified even in the car. love bauble ATC and i hope you have a lovely day out.

scrappyjacky said...

Not sure I'd want to meet one of those as I drove along!!!!
It sounds like you do indeed need to consult a doctor.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Eeek! A real live gator...on the roadside...arrrrgh! I'll stick with the cute little Eddie Lizard thanks. A nice manageable size and no teeth...as far as I know. Have a great day at Clearwater. I am deeply DEEPLY jealous. Look forward to some pelican pics maybe. Have some coconut shrimp for me Your Purpleness. Lx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kathy, How much fun are you having?? Far too much if you ask me, a real live aligator by the road, how fabulous and Eddy Lizard, soo lucky:0) Love your cute little Christmas ATC, great colouring and smooth inking on the edges! Have fun, gay xxx

Katiejane said...

Oh my God! I think I'd die if I walked down the street and saw that! Is that normal? Great pic mind, and what a photo opportunity!
2 Shops and no stash, uh oh!!!
Have a great week :)
Katie x

Lilian said...

You sure do see a lot of wild life over there. Love the gecko not sure about the croc though lol. Love the card well done Kathy.
Lilian xx