Saturday, 15 October 2011

2nd post - challenge entry!

Target acquired folks (new gas fire, that is), so I was free to craft this afternoon AND whilst watching Hornblower starring Gregory Peck - a great old movie.

For the Simply Less Is More challenge the theme is COCKTAILS and here's my take:



Personality Cocktail Recipe:

3 parts Courage

2 parts Difance (but I feel this may be a typo as I've NO IDEA what it means!)

1 part Cleverness

And a Splash of Passion - served over ice

so I clicked on the above link again and this time got .......

3 parts Elegance

2 parts Bravery

1 part Delight

And a Splash of Tolerance and Shake vigorously

First out of the gate was this card for the Simply Less Is More challenge ....



Materials used:
  • 5" square, 300gsm scalloped white card and matching envelope
  • Red holographic card
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to white card and edged using a S.U. marker
  • Pro Markers to colour
  • Glossy Accents to give the illusion of the glass
  • Narrow white satin ribbon coloured using a deep red alcohol marker and tied in an off centre knot
Next came this card which was taking the inspiration from one of Cherry's photos over on Craft Mad and Loving It.....



Materials used:
  • 5" square, 300gsm scalloped card and matching envelope
  • Spellbinders nestabilities in three sizes
  • Silver mirri card, Purple holographic card and purple glitter hand made paper
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image and sentiment both inked in Memento tuxedo black
  • Purple glitter ribbon
  • 3D foam squares

Hope you like the above - curry this evening, catch y'all later!

24 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Kathy!!!!!so funny card, the sentimet make me smile, great idea.I'm glad to see you again.
A hug from Palma

Craftilicious said...

Great cards Kathy - the martini sentiment is one of my favourites - its suits my friends so well ;-)

Lynne said...

Smashing Kathy, love the Martini one, that sentiment always make me chuckle.
Lynne xxx

Debs M said...

2 great cards, love the sentiment on the first x

Sandra said...

Great card, that sentiment is how I would feel if I drank just one ...........

Vicky Hayes said...

Good to see you back Kathyk, hope you had fun! I love your LiM card - that sentiment always makes me smile! Vx

Carla said...

love the martini card

Mandi said...

Oh well choose the personality you like best Kathy lol
fun link eh
Superb card, sheer elegance, love the glasses
thank you
mandi LIM

Chrissie said...

I think I'd be on the floor after three too Kathy!
Super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cherry said...

Loving your cards. Nice to have you back on land. Hugs C xxxxx

Linby said...

Great cards. Love the use of glossy accents, never thought of that and it is right there on the desk!
Linbyx

Jenni's Jems said...

Your card had me laugh out loud such a great sentiment ! x

Carol said...

Super LIM card Kathy, great sentiment. Carol x

Viv said...

Great cards Kathy, well done again :O) Viv xx

kingstonmama said...

Fabulous cocktails. I love the glossy accents. I have some but have never used it on a card. I must try this! :) Ann

Beryl K said...

Great cards, I love the colours of your cocktails
Beryl x

Katiejane said...

That's fab, but I have to admit I'm more of a Mojito gal myself :)
Katie

Lindsey said...

Great movie you were watching! And both your cards look terrific.

GinaA said...

Hi Kathy, so nice to see you again. You card is super, love the gloss on the glass.

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done. You can view my card here Maureen........x

Kath said...

Fabby xx

Sandy said...

Fab card for LIM - a fun sentiment, A friend's daughter is now at uni and one of their organised social outings was a pub crawl, she is a very sheltered girl and doesn't go much in for drinking - she was showing her mum the list of venues saying that she had heard of most of them except the last which was "The Floor" her mum did get a good laugh as she explained what it meant and so did I when she retold it to me.
Lovely butterfly on the second card. Two beauties!
SandyYou can view my card here

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous LIM card young kathy, what a great stamp and fabulous design. I love that sentiment !! I'd be floored by the first Martini myself :O)
luv
wynneth
x

Jenny said...

Brilliant LIM card Kathy, that's such a great phrase :)
Jenny x