Saturday, 22 October 2011

Hi folks - I'm BAAAAACK

and wanting to thank you all for messages of support both here and on craftbubble and texts too - it's so lovely of you all to think of me. I've had lots of lovely hand made cards from pals too, and I hope to post a photo of all of their lovely makes sometime soon. Just wanted to say how much it's been appreciated to know that so many of my pals have been thinking about me in my absence.

I've had a hip replacement and all went well and I feel as though I am making good progress - my physio is pleased with me ...... small world when I found that not only is he the godson of a friend of mine but also that I went to school with his dad!!!! ALSO another patient ended up in the bed opposite my own and we share a close friend in common - SPOOKY? I should say so.

The hospital I was in was fabulous and everyone so friendly, nothing seemed too much trouble for anyone I encountered, from the cleaners upwards - even the food was good! Such a change from previous hospital experiences too though, with the best will in the world I AM hoping that will be an end to it for a while now!

Saturday is normally my day for crafting challenges and there are a few of them .....

Over on Bah Humbug this week's challenge is to make a Christmas card "WITH MEN IN MIND"!!! YIKES

On the Simply Less Is More blog their present challenge is to make a Clean And Simple card using POLKA DOTS!

I'm anxious to get back and crafting. My pal, Debbie, came in to visit Barbara and I and brought me in a magazine which just so happened to be Quick Cards and lo and behold there's my ugly mug on page 61!!! Woo Hoo - the staff teased me about "knowing me before I was famous"!! I also spotted fellow crafters Ann Banks and Sharon Noble in the same issue as well as articles by Katina Killey and Katie Berberich, both talented crafters.

Anyway, happy Saturday - I'm off to do my physio exercises and practise crafting on my crutches - which I just KNOW will be returned to the hospital COVERED in glitter (purple of course!).


11 comments:

Debs M said...

Glad to see you back Kathy xx

scrappyjacky said...

So glad it's all gone well,Kathy.

Dora said...

Hi Kathy so good to see you back in blogland and to hear you are ok :) Hugs xxx

Cherry said...

Lovely to see you back Kathy. You are such a star. Happy recovery thoughts. Hugs Cherry XXxX

Louise said...

Hope you are doing well after your op and are not in too much pain. Good luck crafting on cructhes! You normally stand up to craft don't you?? That will be a bit tricky for a while I guess! Take care x

Jane said...

Hi Kathy, glad your doing well. I am sure you will be running around in no time! :0) Jane

Lilian said...

Hello Kathy. Great to see home. Lovely to see you last week. Takee care lilian xx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy
Glad everything has gone well and that you are home recuperating. Take care with those crutches and get yourself lots of crafty time.
Have a great week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Craftyrose said...

Nice to have you back in the crafting fold lil lady! We missed you, your Royal Purpleness. xxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Kathy haven't been by for a while and was shocked to hear that you have had a hip replacement. Hope all is going better for you and that you will soon be back on your travels regaling us with your wonderful news from your travels..

Τακε ψαρε

Marie

Katiejane said...

Thanks for your lovely comment, I'm still waiting to recieve that mag.
So glad you are home, what a lovely treat from Debs.
Katie